Best Overtake of 2010

What was the most Outstanding Overtake of 2010 through Round 9?

• Buemi's switchback on Schumacher in Canada

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alonso dives past Massa in the pitlane in China

• Hamilton fights back against Button in Turkey

• Kobayashi's kamikaze move on Buemi in Valencia

• Alguersuari goes around the outside of Hulkenberg in Malaysia

• Glock gets Schumacher right back in Australia

• Hamilton gives Rosberg the 'Wall of Death' in Australia

• Hamilton snatches the lead from Webber in Canada

• Alonso goes by Kovalainen into the Chicane in Monaco

• Hamilton has to do Schumacher twice in China

• Total voters
Because it was done in a non-overtaking zone

and because it was at the last corner, I'm going for Kobayashi's Dan Dare and completely irrelevant move on Buemi.

Also can I mention Kovalainen going past Hamilton in China, simply because Kovi never got past Hamilton in a McLaren never mind when in excess of 3 seconds slower!

Attachments

• F110.jpg
    F110.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 151
Theres been some great overtakes this season. What a great season it been so far :)

I don't know which to go for but i know which is the worst.

Mark Webber on just about everybody.

MajorDanby said:

This is the reason I try to avoid making any important decisions, indecisiveness will be the death of me.

I used to be indecisive but I underwent counselling. Now? I'm not so sure. :thinking:

My internet connectivity doesn't seem to be up to the task of watching these vimeo/daily emulation video's that have been posted. :disappointed:
I personally blame my ISP, BT. :censored:

So, I'm relying on my cider embalmed memory... I've voted for Hamilton's double overtake of Schumacher. I think I'm reasonably safe in thinking that's one of the best. :D

I've gone for Hamilton overtaking Rosberg, not just because it's a cracking overtake, but because the shot ends with a picture of Vettel parking :)

Overall I think the best overtake in Formula one this year has been Jean Todts taking over of Max Mosely ;)

GeoffP said:
Overall I think the best overtake in Formula one this year has been Jean Todts taking over of Max Mosely ;)

:thumbsup: I think we all agree on that one!

There have been many very good overtakes this year and the best one on that list in my opinion is Hamilton's double on Vettel and Sutil. I don't think Sutil was a back marker in that race and as such was holding position against Vettel, allowing Hamilton to close in and show a great piece of opportunism. Lewis on Nico was also impressive and ballsy but I am of the opinion that Rosberg had the run but was compromised by the yellow flags.

However, I am voting 'Other'. This is for Kobayashi on Alonso. I know Kamui was on fresher and faster tyres but it was still a Sauber on a Ferrari and topped a fantastic drive by the Japanese. A more valid reason is that Fernando spent pretty much the whole race fuming about Hamilton's safety car incident and his day just got worse by being passed by a Sauber, piling up his misery.

I am not a sadistic person but that was extremely funny.

Initially I was going for the Hamilton-Button fight in Turkey, but then it dawned on me that this one happened because Hamilton slowed down more than Button when they were both saving fuel.
So I voted for Hamilton passing Schumi twice, great driving.

Good video :thumbsup:

Jenson passing Lewis was affected by the instructions from the team but the fightback and Lewis retaking Jenson through turn one was just a very fair, bold and forceful overtake. It didn't involve much craftsmanship, it was more a furious "U son o'a biatch! I'm not having that!" moment.

Simple.

Hamilton on the outside of Rosberg in Australia. You rarely see anyone make a move into that corner but to do it on the outside..

has to be Glock on Schumi, simply because a driver in a car that many had written off this season wasn't going to let himself be intimidated by a 7 times world champion.

fat_jez said:
has to be Glock on Schumi, simply because a driver in a car that many had written off this season wasn't going to let himself be intimidated by a 7 times world champion.
You sure it was Glock? If it was at the Australian GP then I think it was Di Grassi (which would even better!). But I could of course be wrong ;)

higgins87 said:
You sure it was Glock? If it was at the Australian GP then I think it was Di Grassi (which would even better!). But I could of course be wrong ;)

Could be, I was going by the options in the poll!

fat_jez said:
higgins87 said:

Could be, I was going by the options in the poll!
Ah, fair, tbh they probs know more about it than I do ;)

higgins87 said:

It was Glock. Both Brundle and Legard misidentified him as di Grassi at the time. Lucas caused even more confusion after the race when he was asked about the scrap with Schumacher, and failed to reveal the fact that it wasn't even him that was involved.

KekeTheKing said:
higgins87 said:

It was Glock. Both Brundle and Legard misidentified him as di Grassi at the time. Lucas caused even more confusion after the race when he was asked about the scrap with Schumacher, and failed to reveal the fact that it wasn't even him that was involved.
Cheers Keke :thumbsup: I knew I'd heard it somewhere but wasn't sure! And that's probs the one I'll vote for too.

Back
Top Bottom