• Rubens Barrichello

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Pastor Maldonado

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

landogeorgelewis1

Champion Elect
Who was your best Midfielder of the year?

In midfield this year we have seen alot of drivers doing very well this season. Adrian Sutil, Sebastain Buemi, Sergio Perez and Paul Di Resta all come to mind.

I may be a Di Resta fan but i think Sutil did an awesome job in the Force India this season and i think he should be in F1 in 2012 no question about it Williams or Force India he deserves a seat.

I'm gonna allow multiple voting because a few of you might have two or three midfielders of the year, everyone has until the 30th January to make their choices.

I've gone Kobayashi and Sutil as IMO they both out performed the equiptment they had overall this season. Sutil beating the Renault drivers in the constructors championship and Kobi finishing not far behind them shows that to me.

In fact I feel bad for Kobi because having put his top performances in at the begining of the season he's being slightly overlooked when it comes to top performing drivers in the end of year review.

You're all forgetting how average the first half of Sutil's year was. He was regularly outqualified by Paul and wasn't picking up too many points.

I concede that, yes, in the second half of the season he was out driving his machinery and picking up more points, but this was partly due to the way Renault went into reverse with development and replaced their best driver. Sutil would never have finished in the top nine of the standings without that happening.

Sutil was brilliant in the second half of the season, outperforming his car.

This sort of thing doesn't impress me a driver shouldn't up his game when he finds out his job is in jeopardy he should be giving it his all every time he gets into the car, I'm surprised team bosses are fooled by it,, or are they?

I didn't think there were any exceptional performances in this group this year. I would divide them into those who have some experience now and whose performances have plateaued (Sutil, Kobayashi, the Toro Rosso twins) and those who might be excused a few off days due to their relative inexperience (di Resta, Perez).

I voted for Perez but without much confidence.

Sutil for me. Di Resta came in highly regarded, but I think Adrian outperformed him over the season, plus Paul moaned a lot in his Night Nurse voice - He could be used to calm violent crims down with that, the world's most powerful sedative. The Lux business didn't help Sutil's cause, but I know who I'd believe if it came down to courtroom stuff. Still, where there's blame, there's a claim.

In the first half of the season where Heidfeld was present, Renault scored 66 points. Heidfeld would have scored plenty more but for perpetual fire balling of the engine and the existence of Kobayashi.

Since dropping Heidfeld they've scored seven points. Had Sutil been replaced by Hulkenberg I don't think the team would have imploded the way Renault did in response to losing it's lead driver.

I think Renault's downfall was as much down to the car as much as any drivers, after all Petrov got a podium on merit in Melbourne. Heidfeld has been underrated though and to be honest getting rid of him was a mistake given that it wasn't as if Petrov was outclassing him. I've not gone for Sutil because everyone was saying how poor he was early on in the season. It's a hard choice because none of them were truly consistent for all the races. But on average I would say Di Resta did the best job.

Back
Top Bottom