Poll Bahrain Grand Prix 2019 - marks of 10.

What do you rate the Bahrain Grand Prix out of 10

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RasputinLives

No passing through my dirty air please
Contributor
Thought I'd put the poll up whilst those without Sky are staying away to watch the highlights.

I enjoyed that one more than I thought I would. Some good racing and interesting from start to finish which is rare for a GP now days.

I give it an 8 out of 10.

7. The opening laps were great and the first third of the race was interesting. And then it sorted out by team and just ran its course, except for Hamilton running down the mysteriously slower Vettel. Then three cars died, they threw out the safety car and no one could race to the end.

Anyhow, not a bad race. Maybe we will get some even better ones.

I rate it 1 because I hated what happened to Ferrari particularly Charles. >:(
And hated the fact that Mercs are super lucky by getting a GIFT win 1-2 places at that and I hate seeing Toto's grin again ! ****ing asshole smile ! :spank:

A few years ago we used to get a flurry of 10s whenever there was a Hamilton win whether it was an interesting race or not. The board seems to have swung the other way now in that a bad race for Ferrari equals a low score.

Its all very interesting.

I gave it an 8, it was a pretty interesting race but I was gutted for poor Charles Leclerc, he'd worked so hard for that win after his crap start. Losing the win wasn't even his fault and he was lucky to hold onto the podium. Hamilton was gifted the win but that is motorsport.

Odd for Renault the way both cars just gave up like that along with Sainz in the McLaren as well, Norris was lucky to finish given that.

7 from me, it was good in parts, but a devastating finish for Leclerc. Ferrari still need to improve.

Excellent entertainment. I watched it late in the evening after Mother's Day duties were concluded. I scored it an 8 although I would rather have scored a 7 but forgot that I felt slightly grubby after enjoying the Bahrain GP at all. A few times I was annoyed when a pass was repeated yet again when there was other close battles going on live that weren't being given prominence. These were mostly Hulkenberg/Ricciardo-related which maybe I was more interested in that your average viewer. Gutted for Hulk, unlucky Ricciardo (not gutted for you though) and of course very unlucky for Leclerc although his style and demeanour after the race will not be forgotten. I've always defended Vettel in the past but not this time, he must be feeling as stupid as he looks with that rat on his face.

7, enjoyed the first half and then I lost interest a bit in the second half. Gutted for Charles but that's racing. Baffled why they felt the need to throw the safety car out. Both Renaults were miles off track.

Finally, I was getting increasingly wound up over the lack of respect for the track limits (again!!). Running wide is one thing but at a number of corners the cars were almost all four wheels over the curb let alone off the track.

Not a bad race overall but I've got a cold that's left me stuffed up and grumpy.

A few years ago we used to get a flurry of 10s whenever there was a Hamilton win whether it was an interesting race or not. The board seems to have swung the other way now in that a bad race for Ferrari equals a low score.

Its all very interesting.
The rating of the race should have nothing to do with who wins or loses. That shows a lack of objectivity.

Finally, I was getting increasingly wound up over the lack of respect for the track limits (again!!). Running wide is one thing but at a number of corners the cars were almost all four wheels over the curb let alone off the track.

Well, I kind of feel like there should be no track limits. If cutting the corners is an issue, then design the track so that this is not an advantage. Sand works.

The rating of the race should have nothing to do with who wins or loses. That shows a lack of objectivity.

I agree. However we have had this discussion before and the question is always how do YOU rate the grand Prix so people are free to use what criteria they like.

I agree. However we have had this discussion before and the question is always how do YOU rate the grand Prix so people are free to use what criteria they like.
Understand, but I do think people should use a little self-discipline, as otherwise it is just a popularity contest between Hamilton and whichever Ferrari driver matters at the moment.

In previous years olegg has compared our ratings with other websites which has always been interesting as it shows we're a harder to please lot. He has his hands full with the overtaking stats now days so not sure he'll have time to do it this year.

I didn't get to watch it live as I was looking at a house. I knew the result as I had the redion on in the car so sort of half watched it later in the evening. A 7 from me as it had its positives (le Clerc) and its negatives (another Merc win in the end). It was, for me, about what every F1 race should be so to view it as something exceptional says all you probably need to know about the current state of F1.

Oh, and didn't I get some grief for suggesting young Charles might give Vettel a run for his money at Ferrari? I think Sebastian will REALLY have his work cut out this year to finish ahead of le Clerc without some interference from the team.

Ferrari's potential pace, and Vettel's potential slide, make the Hamilton / Vettel swap a more likely scenario. Potentially.

I don't know how to rate this race, it was objectively great then in the last 10 laps proceeded to break my heart into small pieces. I guess I'll take Greenlantern101 's approach and score a 9, I can't give it a 10 with that ending but it got me enthralled and it's been years since I felt so many emotions watching a F1 race, so I'll give it credit for that.

Back
Top Bottom