Australia Race Stats

bogaTYR

Points Scorer
This is a link I also posted on the other place but somehow people there seem less interested in having good fact based discussions. So I will take it here too in the hope to get the discussion here :)

http://www.f1matrix.it/gp_2009_eng/index.html

I think its very interesting for lots of reasons. What makes it even more interesting, is when you compare the lap times to the tyre choices made

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=37369

Then it suddenly becomes pretty clear how important tyre choice was. You can actually see cars losing ground presumably cos of tyre choice (the lap time drops consitently after a pitstop) and others win ground (the laptime improves consistently after a pitstop).

Also, and although this makes sense, it is seldom truly seen as a factor, how much it helps to be in front of the grid or at least in a place where there is not a lot of traffic. Just look at the stable race Button and Vettel drove, more then 25 laps within the same second.

And finally, these tables do seem to show that Brawn was indeed sandbagging a it towards the end of the race. They no longer had the fastest times but the gap with other cars was perfectly managable. There simply was no need to go faster.

Thanks boga, it is a really useful facility.

One of the most noticeable and, perhaps surprising things is how spread out the field becomes after only one or two racing laps. You can do nothing wrong but still find yourself 12-15 seconds behind.

yes GM, it sure looks like tyres, KERS, diffuser and fuel really worked the first 2 laps. i find it virtually impossible to get a really clear view which element had most influence. oh and then there's the driver of course.

seems the new rules worked well until the SC. until that moment the race was pretty open and all kinds of things were happening.

did you try the head to head option of that site? some really interesting stuff comes out of that too.

Interesting stuff there boga, thanks.

I haven't had a chance to study it in detail - sometimes you can have too much data :D

Concerning the head to head stuff, you can also get a feel for how 2 drivers compare on a circuit by using our database.
Just select Circuits on the main tab, choose Albert Park and then click on the Drivers sub-tab and enter the 2 drivers you want to compare.
That will give you starts, finishes, fastest lap, etc.

my pleasure bro,

its certainly not my intention to undermine what you already offer on this fine fine board. but this site is just pretty good and they give info which otherwise is hard to find. it is well and truly for the real afficionado's.

which is probably why my attempt had little attention at the other board :)

bogaTYR said:
its certainly not my intention to undermine what you already offer on this fine fine board. but this site is just pretty good and they give info which otherwise is hard to find. it is well and truly for the real afficionado's.
No problem at all boga.
I use plenty of stat's sites myself so that's another one added to the list :)

Our database is much more high level and relates only to overall career and race stat's rather than lap-by-lap detail.

When I get the chance I'll create a sticky thread with all the useful stat's sites on it so people have a list that's easy to hand.

that would be good Bro, again, its mainly for the true afficionado's but i suspect those are the people you want to see on this site.

this site is so helpful when for instance writing an article, cos one can really give evidence and support to a thought or idea. especially whwn you combine it with tyre and fuel information.

that by the way is one serious omission so far. i have not come across a site yet where that is offered.

Back
Top Bottom