Are Mclaren all they are cracked up to be in the pit lane?

I was suggesting that due to the amount of strategy mess ups by Mclaren, it would be best to list them in a separate thread rather than put them in with this thread

I was suggesting that due to the amount of strategy mess ups by Mclaren, it would be best to list them in a separate thread rather than put them in with this thread
Not having found an existing one that is what I suspected you meant. Hopefully, someone else will open that particular can of worms as I'm in too good a mood right now!:)

McLaren pit crew experience more than their fair share of pit incidents, many points are lost due to mistakes being made and dubious stratergy calls, Red Bull on the other hand (of the front runners) appears to be the masters of pit stops, that's all that is needed on most occasions for Vettel to win a race.

I only really account for the Monaco and Jenson's moment as being the only poor McLaren stops.....in general I still say that all teams have been pretty shoddy in the pitlane this season........I may suggest a little more practise makes perfect.(though it doesnt seem to work for me)

Well, they're certainly better than Williams in the mid-90s! I used to tear my teeth out in frustration watching them take twice as long to service Damon as it took Benetton to do the same for Schumi - I mean, how could they not see how much it was compromising their races? >:(

That could have been down to the illegal fuel rigs (Another illegal manouver by Benetton in 1994!) that Benetton were using :whistle:

I personally give up on Mclaren's strategies, its a done deal they will always screw up Hamilton's strategies and pitstops, leaving Hamilton to fight it out unneccessarily during races!

Back
Top Bottom