Alonso in trouble for Briatore Tribute

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
I missed the post race press confernce in Singapore. Apparently Fernando Alonso said:
It has been a difficult time for the team. Now we put that behind us and we concentrate on the remaining races. I dedicate this podium to Flavio (Briatore) at home as he is part of the success we had today,” said Alonso after his 3rd place in the Singapore GP
The British press, which is no lover of FA it has to be said and loves to sensationalise trivial stories, is reporting that the FIA are "furious" at Alonso's comments and he may face censure as a result. If this is true and Fernando gets a fine (or worse) have the FIA lost the plot?

Briatore was the driving force behind much of Renault's success, he certainly made a very stupid mistake in colluding in the NPjnr crash saga but, apart from that, he seems to have been no better or worse than most other team principals in doing what is needed to create a winning car. Is it going too far when a driver who has enjoyed considerable success as of result of Briatore's effort can't pay tribute to the man without being punished?

I can see why the FIA is annoyed, not sure there's much they can do about it though.

Perhaps he should have dedicated his podium to Nico Rosberg ;)

Maybe he should dedicate last year's win to Flavio too. He has to stick his oar in, doesn't he? Its never considered a good idea for Fernando to keep his mouth shut, is it?

FB said:
Is it going too far when a driver who has enjoyed considerable success as of result of Briatore's effort can't pay tribute to the man without being punished?

What effort? What did Briatore actually do to get that car up to the front of the grid? Is poncing around and distracting attention from the people doing the work count. Or is spotting an obviously talented driver and putting him in the car his job. Well, that's worked in recent years, hasn't it? (Piquet, Grosjean, Kovalainen)

But aside from my personal doubt that Briatore has done anything worthwhile, maybe Alonso should just shut up and drive the damn car. If he did, he'd be a better driver, and whats more a more popular one outside Spain to boot.

I don't think he should be banned, but I think someone ought to keep him quiet!

Not a big fan then TBY LOL

For your viewing pleasure a rather touching pictures of your "heros" in happier days. Tsk, don't they look young...

Attachments

• alonso_briatore.jpg
    alonso_briatore.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 181
the only difference i see between flav and other team bosses, is that flav got caught.

i see no problem with what nando said and i can see where it comes from. but if it was the right moment, not too sure about that.

Back
Top Bottom