Current Alfa Romeo Racing (formerly Sauber)

Olivier

Race Winner
*** Off topic ***
Last night I watched Jerry Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Drinking Coffee and this car was showcased:

Jerry:
- Alfa Romeo Giulia Super
- I mean, forget everything
- Don't you just wanna answer that when somebody says: "What kind of car you got"
- An Alfa Romeo Giulia Super

I know I do

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
Given that Alfa Romeo have a legacy in F1 as old as Ferrari and set the Pole, Fastest lap and all 3 podium spots at the first ever World Championship for drivers GP (Britain 1950) then they have a very good case for a history payment.

:whistle:

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Contributor
Given that Alfa Romeo have a legacy in F1 as old as Ferrari and set the Pole, Fastest lap and all 3 podium spots at the first ever World Championship for drivers GP (Britain 1950) then they have a very good case for a history payment.

:whistle:
Ferrari were not there due to a wrangle over starting money but despite that the race was a success. They should bear that in mind before making any more threats about leaving.

Izumi

Banned
It is certain Maranello is cognizant of its past, place in history, and is fully capable and free to define their own future with, or without pugnacious lectures from sidelines.

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Have any of you noticed that the snake on the Alfa badge is eating a man? I didn't spot it until I went to the Alfa museum last year, a day out I would recommend to all.

Olivier

Race Winner
I didn’t know that until I watched the episode. According to Alfa Romeo “At first glance, it looks like the snake is eating the human. Instead, the human is coming out of the snake a "new man," purified and renewed.”

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
Is the man purified because of the snake, or because of the car I wonder, and don’t Men and snakes have a bit of a bad vibe going on anyway, as in Adam, Eve, Serpents and apples.
It’s a bit of a strange badge when you stop and consider it.

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
To be fair it was the Woman and the serpent who caused the problems the men got caught up in the aftermath.

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Contributor
It is certain Maranello is cognizant of its past, place in history, and is fully capable and free to define their own future with, or without pugnacious lectures from sidelines.
If they are so cognisant how come they do not seem to have noticed that probably their longest successful time was when they had an international team all pulling together and stable with no sword of Damaclemes hanging over them.:)

vintly

Mostly bacon
Premium Contributor
Great line from Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport as reported by the ever-robust and fact-checked www.gpguide.com.

"...the new Alfa will have a radical shape as it has been designed with "as little caution as possible".

Izumi

Banned
If they are so cognisant how come they do not seem to have noticed that probably their longest successful time was when they had an international team all pulling together and stable with no sword of Damaclemes hanging over them.:)
I am not in a position to provide operational analyses of any value on theme what went wrong at Ferrari, nor I would be tempted to do so. My point should have been perhaps expressed more clearly, that I think they have internal capacity and intellect to look back who they are today, and where they want to be tomorrow. External influences such as involvement of Fiat, Sergio Marchionne and many others who were at the table, steering soup, and I doubt it was all helpful at the end. Disruptive influences newer have happy endings. Hybrid technology implementation by FiA was scandalous IMO, but they also know that, and they do not need to hear from me. All what I am suggesting is for us to stay in silence, observing transformation in progress, and remaining still for a while. Teams like McLaren and Willaims on the other hand...
I.

Last edited:
Top Bottom