According to the BBC, Whiplash is definitely standing down

I'll believe it when I see it.
Didn't Mosley say last month he was considering standing again?

Let's hope this latest news is true though.
It would definitely benefit F1 as a whole.

I seem to remember Max saying that he was going to stand down in 2001 (I think), since he felt that 2 terms was enough for anyone.....

Or some such thing like that anyway!

I'll believe it when I see him leaving the FIA headquarters in the Place de la Concorde for the final time!

The Artist..... said:
I'll believe it when I see him leaving the FIA headquarters in the Place de la Concorde for the final time!
Hopefully being led away in chains......oh wait..... :D

He did say it in a televised interview, lets hope its true and whoever takes over isn't quite as biased. Did anyone who saw it notice that he had a model Ferrari F1 car behind him? Wonder which of the FIat gave him that present?

RickD said:
Did anyone who saw it notice that he had a model Ferrari F1 car behind him? Wonder which of the FIat gave him that present?

Yup, it was a Scumacher Ferrari numbered "1" with "Marlboro" clearly visible on the rear wing. Not sure which year.

I'm pretty sure it was an F310 - 1996.

In case anybody cares...perhaps I should have been listening to what he was saying! He brings me out in a bout of nausea these days though...

Ah, apologies, I think you're right. It was mainly based on the fact it had a number 1 on the nose, but it did have the white square on the airbox too, which the F310 didn't have...

I had a post pulled from The Other Place for responding to someone who said that the Ferrari was "a big model" with: "Max likes big models, he hires them five at a time".

Croydon Bob said:
I had a post pulled from The Other Place for responding to someone who said that the Ferrari was "a big model" with: "Max likes big models, he hires them five at a time".

ROFL

Croydon Bob said:
I got banned for less than that. LOL

Poor Max von Mosely, hates the idea about F1 being able to carry on in his absence so tries to create uncertainty and discord during his swan song.

Of course we all believe the Ferrari in the background was a genuine mistake, and that the current banking crunch will make car manufacturers want to disappear entirely from the racing world.....

I seem to remember the slumpflation of the 70's and 80's failed to stop F1. The teams can survive if funding is shared evenly, technological development is shared (in retrospect to allow at least one season advantage), and we stop raising the bar with regard to circuits.

The fans will always be there, the manufacturers will always want to develop their road cars - we'll just be rid of doddering old profiteers.

So let's hope this time the Red Baron jumps!

Back
Top Bottom