2021 Concept Cars

How many championship in the last 10 years have gone to the last two races of the season?
but i believe between 2003 - 2014 it was still alive in last 2 race all bar 2004 2011 & 2013. when it won very early

but i cant deny as i said below that the championship is currently on a downward slide. because i mentioned you could easily have a top 10 worst races in F1, vast majority would be from the last 4 years

from 2015 onwards we havent a title decider & when you think that F1 had 6 in previous 9 yrs. this will hopefully return it to its glory days & end of paint drying races. as it cant be coincidence that 8-10 of the worst F1 races ive ever watched have taken place in the last 4 yrs

Last edited:
but doesnt that come to money, as ive mentioned before wiliams won 1992 titles for 35m 1997 titles for 50m McLaren won 1998 titles for 60m, before the budget cap only 20yrs later you were talking 300m, because F1 team decisions are the most selfish in sport. they would rather be winning in sport that is dying, than risk being 2nd in a sport than can be healthily.
If you adjust the 1992 budget for inflation you get (roughly) to between 100-120million... (Close to the budget cap).

The years 2000-2004 were essentially the years that almost destroyed the sport. Manufacturers were prioritised:
  • Jaguar
  • Toyota
  • BMW
  • Honda
  • (and later Mercedes)
all entered as factory teams, and started using their marketing behemoths to push their spending in the sport. Of course, when an economic downturn came, all of them abandoned the sport (with the exception of Mercedes).

Back
Top Bottom