Pre-GP Quiz 2019 Russian GP Pre Race Quiz.

Angel

Race Winner
Contributor
With the Russian gp happening this coming weekend I thought I'd get this up a.s.a.p. Hopefully there is something there that everyone can asnwer and a couple ot get you thinking. Enjoy and please don't forget to post your scores :) Udachi (I'm led to believe that is supposed to be Russian for good luck).

1. The first F1 race was run in Sochi the same year as the winter Olympics in 2014 but how many Russian gps have there been in total?

7 There were races in 1913 and 1914 as well

2. In 2014, who won the first race in Sochi?

LewisHamilton

3. We all know Daniil Kvyat and Sergey Sirotkin but can you name the other Russian driver who raced in F1 in recent years?

Vitaly Petrov

4. Speaking of Kvyat, he's now started his third stint with Toro Rosso in 2019, but can you name the years he started his other two stints with them?

2014 and 2016 (Half a point for each)

5. Since 2014 three different drivers have won in Sochi but what do they all have in common? (Other than being F1 drivers of course)
They have all driven Mercedes cars, Hamilton, Rosberg and Bottas. Ironically the two races run in the 1910s were both won by a Benz as well

6. In the 1980s there was talk of a gp in Moscow, it was even pencilled in for 1983, only it never happened. In 1983 they had other things on their mind with the Russians almost starting a nuclear war when they thought they'd been fired on by the USA during a 'war games' incident. If it had happened it wouldn't have been called the Russian GP though, so what would it have been known as?
Grand Prix of the Soviet Union

7. Vladimir Putin and Bernie were determined to get a race and a track was designed and buiding began just outside Moscow in 2008, it was designed for F1 and Moto gp to be known as the Moscow Raceway, but again nothing came of it F1 race wise even though the site was finished in 2012. It was designed by Hermann Tilke, but how much did it cost to build?

4.5 billion rubles. (half a point if you get within a billion)

8. In 2016 Daniil Kvyat had that spat with Sebastian Vettel and he managed to drive into him twice in the opening lap by turn 2 ending Seb's race. Behind them another more serious crash put three drivers out of the race, can you name them?

Nico Hulkenberg, Esteban Gutierrez and Rio Haryanto (half a point if you get two or more)

9. Daniil Kvyat managed a couple of podiums in his F1 career when he was driving for Red Bull and in Germany this year he managed it for the first time in a Toro Rosso, but what else was he celebrating that day in July?

He'd become a father the night before.

10. Sergey Sirotkin drove for Williams in 2018 but back in 2013 and 2014 which team was he the test driver for?

Sauber

Last edited:
Mod Chat.

I appreciate the original matter in the deleted posts was resolved and have therefore removed them to prevent further misunderstanding.

The issue may of course be discussed in a separate thread in a more appropriate area.

C_a_T the Mod

Back
Top Bottom