Pre-GP Quiz 2019 Monaco Pre Race Quiz

Angel

Race Winner
Contributor
Here we are again, thought I'd get this up given F1Brits_90 has put his race thread up. Hope you all enjoy it and score lots of points.

1. Monaco is one of the Triple Crown of races, what are the other two?

Indianapolis 500 and Le Mans 24 Hour. Half a point for each

2. This race was first run in 1929, which is 90 years ago this year, how many times has the race actually been run though?

76 times (Half a point if you get within 5)

3. Ayrton Senna is the driver with the most wins at this historic circuit but can you name the team with the most wins?

McLaren

4. As stated Senna won the race most times, he had a spell of five consecutive wins, but do you know which years that happened?

1989-1993

5. In 1996 Olivier Panis had his one and only F1 career win here for Ligier. Who else had their one and only F1 career win here in 2004, this time driving for Renault?

Jarno Trulli

6. In 2003 the race was deemed to be one of the most boring Monaco gps (and it's had some stiff competition) but why was this?

0 overtakes

7. Charles Leclerc was born and raised in Monaco, how many other F1 drivers were also born and raised there?

8. Monaco with 78 laps is still the shortest track of the F1 year, but how long is it currently?

2.07 miles or 3.337 km

9. Who won the race in 2018?

Daniel Ricciardo

10. 1996 saw the fewest number of cars cross the finish line, do you recall how few it actually was out of the 21 cars which started the race?

Last edited:
6 for me and, Angel, no it's not too easy there are some your need to take time to think through.

Thanks FB I do try to make them so there's something to suit everyone, some easier ones a few head scratchers. That's what we do with our charity quizzes that my family and I compile. You put in some easy ones to get people to buy them thinking they can do them, some medium ones to make people think a bit and then a few really tough ones to sort out the winner ;) Only that's over 75 questions so it's a lot different to just 10 questions here.

About right Angel - I felt like I had a chance on every question but got 5 wrong by a small margin on each.

Back
Top Bottom