Grand Prix 2018 United States Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

I could have totally borrowed C_A_T’s last years’s writeup as it’s completely applicable to this year’s race. I would but I don’t as I have a ton of respect for our moderator and I owe to the site something new, even if I’m nursing a 40-degrees cold and I’m nursing a hernia. Sorry for the brevity of my article and I hope the race more than make up for it.

America the land of opportunity and excess is the next stop the the F1 circus this year. With a shinny new Justice Kavanaugh in charge of waving the checkered flags (sorry he probably won’t), the few f1 fans left in the room cheer and wait in expectation to see if a nearly crowned leader Lewis Hamilton bagged the title (he probably has already). This put him ahead of Frenchman Alain Prost and tie in number of titles with Argentinean Juan Manuel Fangio. Quite the achievement. Mercedes a class on his field, even if he Ferrari is at least as fast, will see Bottas victorious as soon as the the title is settle. Vettel has singlehandedly managed to derail his own path to a 5th title by making a little too many mistakes.

Let’s hope for a real old fashion show and a mano-a-mano between the 2 4-title champions rather than an anticlimactic “Bottas, Lewis is faster than you” affair like last race.

Gentlemen, start your engines and Make Racing Great Again!

Last edited:
IMG_20181007_083557.jpg

As long as he’s wrapped it up by Brazil I’ll be good as not here for Abu Dhabi.

Which makes me feel depressed the season end isn’t Brazil :(

I really hope Lewis doesn't take his foot off the gas once he wins the title-it wasn't cool to see him just give up after winning WDC in 2015

Another fantastic rain storm. They had one of the best a few years ago, with dancing drivers thrown in for good measure, very entertaining.

Realised yesterday. if lewis wins it next sunday at least it will be entertaining & eventful race for Lewis. Because bar 2014 his other 3 have been won the very hard way

2008 - we all know the final lap victory at interlagos

2015 - won in changeable conditions where 12 finished. But 1 of most entertaining races of 2015

2017 - title rivals collide at 1st corner & both have to come through the field & lewis reached 5th place required

Realised yesterday. if lewis wins it next sunday at least it will be entertaining & eventful race for Lewis. Because bar 2014 his other 3 have been won the very hard way

2008 - we all know the final lap victory at interlagos

2015 - won in changeable conditions where 12 finished. But 1 of most entertaining races of 2015

2017 - title rivals collide at 1st corner & both have to come through the field & lewis reached 5th place required

I'm sorry, but this is hyperbole...

2017 - Nonsense; Hamilton had the title wrapped up with a couple of rounds to spare... won in Mexico by finishing 9th; not exactly the hard way...

2015 - Again, he won the championship with 3 rounds to spare; nothing "Hard" about that!

I'm sorry, but this is hyperbole...

2017 - Nonsense; Hamilton had the title wrapped up with a couple of rounds to spare... won in Mexico by finishing 9th; not exactly the hard way...

2015 - Again, he won the championship with 3 rounds to spare; nothing "Hard" about that!

I was talking about the 1 off race & how he clinched at that race. not championship as a whole, but thinking about it was 9th wasnt it because vettel wasnt on the podium

Last edited:
As long as he’s wrapped it up by Brazil I’ll be good as not here for Abu Dhabi.

Which makes me feel depressed the season end isn’t Brazil :(

Oh don't worry, I don't think it will go on that long. I wish it would, but I seriously doubt it will, unless Titch and her wheel losing by Mercedes idea comes into play.

Andrew Benson retweeted this:

Points After Round 17 in 2017: Hamilton 331 Vettel 265
Points After Round 17 in 2018: Hamilton 331 Vettel 264

:o What are the odds? Can Vettel make it a different outcome this year? I'd love to think so but I have my doubts now after the way he's driven the last couple of races and how fast the Mercedes appaears to be.

Back
Top Bottom