Poll 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Out Of Ten

How did you rate the 2018 Belgian Grand Prix out of Ten?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
Great start, big crash pass for the lead, brilliant then nothing for the other 40 laps.

Disappointing.

generous 3 from me

6. Vettel overtaking was good and he won. the crash was spectacular and thankfully everyone involved walked away. Both Perez and Ocon did a good job getting Racing Point their first points. Other than that very little in terms of racing. Off we go to Monza.

4. Really nothing happened after the first lap. I would nominate Hülkenberg as driver of the race, as he provided the only excitement.

Was this a turning point for 2018 WDC, or it too soon? 200 points are for grabs. Vettel needs to win Italy, Japan and keep #44 behind him for a few races more. It will be not easy.

Last 20 laps were boring? It must be coincidence then it was about time when Hamilton admitted giving up chase. Vettel thought it was actually last 15 laps. Boring is relative state of mind, since it is not over until it is over, therefore I can imagine Ferrari fans were on the edge until the very end. Vettel was racing with a new engine, and no one knew whether it will last full race distance.
Then add uncertainty how clean was track after the messy start, creating danger for someone finding an odd piece of body composite, thus potentially even ending WDC chase right there. I guess there was plenty suspense all over, one just had to be aware of elements involved. I can however understand for some fans it was disappointing weekend, for others (re: Ocon) it was great.

Last edited:
Vettel was racing with a new engine, and no one knew whether it will last full race distance.

Vettel has retired from 3 races in the last two years. Twice as a result of an accident and once with an engine issue. I don't think the watching world were too concerned about Vettel's engine.

Vettel has retired from 3 races in the last two years. Twice as a result of an accident and once with an engine issue. I don't think the watching world were too concerned about Vettel's engine.
Well I was. (It was an upgrade which was unknown.)

Last edited:
After the SC restart it was static at the front and very spaced out in the midfield; Force India well ahead of Haas, well ahead of Gasly, followed by the cars who were actually battling but for some reason aren't considered worthy of the TV directors' time.

The only question mark was how long it would take for Max and Valtteri to slot into their pre-ordained 3rd and 4th places.

So I gave it a 3. Would have been a different story if Ocon hadn't chickened out at Les Combes, no?

As it was possibly Ocon's last ever GP after being managed out of the sport I think I'd have kept my foot in and consequences be damned. He'd have been got next time round anyway but at least he'd have a story to tell.

Before someone brings up the McLaren seat I'm becoming more and more sceptical whether this is something happening behind the scenes or something Toto Wolff keeps feeding to the media to try and make it happen. Remember how everyone and their dog was being replaced by Wherlein at one point?

Back
Top Bottom