Pre-GP Quiz 2018 Australian Grand Prix

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
G'day mate.

1. These are the drivers to have scored their one and only Australian Grand Prix podium at Albert Park. Which driver is absent?

Villeneuve, Fisichella, Heidfeld, Trulli, Kubica, Massa, Magnussen, Bottas

Vitaly Petrov, from 2011

2. Of those drivers I listed, Magnussen is yet to score a second podium. At which circuit did he score his second-best result of 5th place for McLaren in 2014?

Sochi

3. This will be the fourth Grand Prix held on March 25th. The first two, in Brazil, were won by Alain Prost. The third was the Malaysian Grand Prix of 2012 won by which driver?

Fernando Alonso.
Remember Perez slipping on the wet as he was chasing him down...?

4. The only 2018 driver with a birthday the week after the Grand Prix is Stoffel Vandoorne. In which position did he finish last year's Melbourne race?

13th. Of 13. #McLarenHonda

5. Daniel Ricciardo has, of course, never been allowed to keep a podium result in Australia. In which year did he finish 4th and set fastest lap?

6. On the day Mark Webber finished 5th for Minardi at Albert Park on debut, who was his team-mate?

Alex Yoong

7. At which circuit did Albert François Cevert win his only Grand Prix.

Watkins Glen

8. Name all the circuits that appear both on the 1996 and 2018 calendars. I'll give you Albert Park.

Interlagos
Monaco
Catalunya
Gilles-Villeneuve
Silverstone
Hockenheim
Hungaroring
Spa
Monza
Suzuka

Half a point for 3 or more, a full point for 6 or more, 1 and a half points for 8 or more, two points for the 10.

9. And since it still feels like February outside in Britain, who won the last Grand Prix in February (Brazil 1973)?

Emerson Fittipaldi

2 . I awarded myself 0.5 on two questions for being just I year out.

:D (Is that cheating?)

Thanks for the quiz.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom