Poll 2017 Italian Grand Prix out of 10

Italian Grand Prix out of 10

• Total voters
Mmm, I gave it a 6 but I think that is too harsh, it should be a 7. I was disappointed to see Stroll drop off the leaders so quickly and Max having more problems but am thrilled that Vettel was kept to 3rd so Lewis now leads the Championship for the first time this season. The crowd did not share my enthusiasm for Lewis' win, though. Bottas passing Kimi around the outside of the Parabolica was cool.

I'm afraid I could only manage to give it a 1, without doubt the worst race of the season so far. The result was decided after qualifying and there was nothing down the field to bring any light to the darkness.

Frighteningly impressive from Mercedes, some good moves by Ricciardo (I don't take it all back - Young Max woulda done as well or better if he hadn't done what he done). Otherwise dull. 4

Not as exciting as Spa, but still quite enjoyed it. The rain mixing up the grid provided interest but the ridiculous amount of engine penalties is spoiling things. I think Danni would have had Vettel easily without that grid penalty.

Great drives from Ocon and Stroll. Kept their heads. And I'm glad Stroll held his own against Massa at the end.

Extra points for Alonso's radio moaning, Danni's move on Kimi and of course for Lewis now leading the championship.

I've gone for a relatively generous 4. The F2 race in the wet yesterday proves there is great racing to be had under the right conditions - slippery track, fairly evenly matched machinery. I'm not advocating a one chassis / engine series, but maybe FIA control wings front and rear to limit downforce and turbulence would even things out a bit. It's a shame the pinnacle of motorsport is so uncompetitive at the front.

Like Monaco, this is about challenging cars more than producing entertainment.

There was no doubt of a Mercedes 1-2 in a dry race, and you could have called it very early on in the season.

i liked it yes the top 3 where away & gone on. really we need a poor start from Lewis. so we could've had an exciting 1st stint with ocon or stroll in the lead & bunch up. but we all know this is always going to be very well suited to mercedes. but we had some great actions down the field & some brilliant moves

the setting is lovely & the podium is amazing best in f1 its like the Glastonbury of formula 1. possibly the best atmosphere we have anyway in the world

Just watched the highlights which was a mere 4mins and was boring as hell.
A bloody 1!!! And that was a +1 for Alonso's team radio, which seems the most exciting thing in F1 weekends these days.

Last edited:
Ricciardo (I don't take it all back - Young Max woulda done as well or better if he hadn't done what he done).

This seems a new trend at the moment. No one seems to be able to compliment Ricciardo without some caveat about Max would have done better. I Don't get it. A compliment to Danny Ric is an insult to Max and vice versa. The constant comparison (yes I know they are team mates). Can someone tell me what Ricciardo's race today had to do with whether he is quicker or slower than Max Verstappen?

Sorry, was there a race?

Personally, I do not like Monza. Far too fast, with no real way of making a significant difference. The track is the opposite of so many of the things that F1 should be, and leads to the type of racing more at home on an oval (which it had, but got shut)

Danny Ricc made it watchable for me, if only for the radio.

A grudging 4 from me.

Sorry, was there a race?

Personally, I do not like Monza. Far too fast, with no real way of making a significant difference. The track is the opposite of so many of the things that F1 should be, and leads to the type of racing more at home on an oval (which it had, but got shut)

Danny Ricc made it watchable for me, if only for the radio.

A grudging 4 from me.

Nice oxymoron.

Was unfortunate to be in a pub where there were quite a few people wanting to watch the race.
Have always been an F1 fan, so found myself watching it, despite knowing it would be s***.

The pub was in Warsaw, commentary in Polish, and they left the background music playing throughout
............ so will have to accept that Alonso's radio calls were a highlight.

This seems a new trend at the moment. No one seems to be able to compliment Ricciardo without some caveat about Max would have done better.

Indeed, an interesting one. I think it's more than just them being team-mates, it's because they're both such good drivers, and unlike other team-mates, it's simply not clear who is better. Maybe that compels fans such as myself to make a distinction, or to take sides, for the sake of it. My particular comment you quoted was partly toungue in cheek as I've nailed my banners to the mast about Verstappen being the better of the two, and I accept it is irrelevant to Ricciardo's race. But hey I can't let Ricciardo get away with a great drive without some dig! Healthy conjecture or pointless? Both maybe.

The way Bottas went past the Mercedes powered car made it obvious that they do not have the same level of engine that the factory team has.

There are five types of car currently, the Mercedes factory engined, the customer Mercedes engined, the Ferrari factory engined, the Ferrari customer engined, the Renault engined and the team with the crap engine.

Back
Top Bottom