Football 2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifying Thread

There's simply no explanation. It's a disappointment, that's for sure. And sadly most people don't care at all. And to think this team kept a ckean sheet 4 games in a row.

Great result for Northern Ireland last night in Portugal drawing 1-1.

Not sure this is the relevant place to put this but, the treatment that the England u 21's was nothing short of a disgrace last night. How many more times can a country like Serbia get away with there fans using raciest abuse and violence. I'm sure that UEFA will come down on them like a ton of bricks and fine them £14,000 as usual.

Great result for Northern Ireland last night in Portugal drawing 1-1.

Yeah, look sorry about that. I mean I saw the first 15 minutes then the missus took over the TV cos it wasn't England. Anyway, then I saw on the news that NI were 1 up, I thought wow, that could be good so I switched over and bang. Portugal scored. My fault, completely...

There's simply no explanation. It's a disappointment, that's for sure. And sadly most people don't care at all. And to think this team kept a ckean sheet 4 games in a row.

I care. :(

Yeah think the pressure just got to the guys it seems. So it's:

USA
Mexico
Panama
Costa Rica
Jamaica
Honduras

In the final round.

I think it's safe to say that the USA and Mexico will qualify, just a matter of who joins them in the third automatic spot. And of course 4th gets a play-off against the 5th place South American team (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm rooting for Jamaica. C'mon maaaaaaan! :D

Mexico is the only lock. USA is the next closest but definitely not a lock unless they continue to play like they did against Guatemala and not how they did against Antigua. I'm liking Honduras' chances but secretly rooting for Jamaica. Not really a secret anymore.

I think it's safe to say that the USA and Mexico will qualify, just a matter of who joins them in the third automatic spot. And of course 4th gets a play-off against the 5th place South American team (correct me if I'm wrong).

This time the North American competitor will face the best Oceania team (either New Zealand or New Caledonia) in the play-off round.

WORLD CUP LIKELY QUALIFIERS:

EUROPE:
  • BELGIUM or CROATIA
  • ITALY
  • GERMANY
  • NETHERLANDS
  • SWITZERLAND or ICELAND or ALBANIA
  • RUSSIA
  • BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA or GREECE
  • MONTENEGRO or ENGLAND
  • FRANCE or SPAIN

Plus 8 play-off winners - likely play-off entrants:

• Belgium or Croatia
  • Bulgaria
  • Sweden or Austria or Republic of Ireland
  • Hungary or Romania
  • Switzerland or Iceland or Albania or Norway
  • Portugal or Israel
  • Bosnia & Hezegovina or Greece or Slovakia
  • Montenegro or England
  • France or Spain

ASIA:
  • JAPAN
  • JORDAN or AUSTRALIA or OMAN
  • SOUTH KOREA
  • UZBEKISTAN
Asia South America Play-off from: Iran or Qatar or Jordan or Australia or Oman

AFRICA: 5 of the following 10 possibilities:
  • ETHIOPIA or SOUTH AFRICA
  • TUNISIA
  • COTE D'IVOIRE
  • ZAMBIA or GHANA
  • CONGO
  • NIGERIA or MALAWI or NAMIBIA
  • EGYPT or GUINEA
  • MALI or BENIN or ALGERIA
  • CAMEROON or LIBYA or DR CONGO
  • SENEGAL or LIBERIA or ANGOLA
NORTH AMERICA & OCEANIA:
3 from the 6 of USA, Mexico, Honduras, Panama, Costa Rica & Jamaica with the 4th into the play-off with NEW ZEALAND.
SOUTH AMERICA:
  • BRAZIL
  • ARGENTINA
  • COLOMBIA
  • ECUADOR
  • URUGUAY or VENEZUELA or CHILE or PERU
the second of the last four into the Asia South America playoff.

The Montenegro national anthem is pretty cool - dark and aggressive. However, why the **** are England so scared of them?

US was ecstatic with their 0-0 draw in Mexico the other night. The Mexicans have now dropped to 6th in the group.

I guess Costa Rica is appealing their match from last week when they lost 1-0 to the US in an absolute blizzard. As a novice footie observer I I couldn't believe they allowed play to continue in such conditions.

KekeTheKing - Yep, Costa Rica lost the appeal on the basis it was the same for both sides.

I've just YouTubed it and I have to say I cannot believe they played that match to its conclusion. And no orange ball :embarrassed:.

I can't imagine Mexico won't make it, there's a long way to go, but 3 draws is a poor start for them. Imagine being in a country who got 3 draws from their first three qualifiers against half-decent sides... LOL

Great result for the United States to take a point off them up at altitude though - I suppose that's why they played the Costa Rica match at Commerce City as preparation!

Some of the guys weren't even wearing sleeves! But I did love the post game snowball fight between fans and players. And when Costa Rica won a free kick and 5 players huddled around the ball shoveling snow off of the spot with their cleats.

Back
Top Bottom