Pre-GP Quiz 2013 Singapore Grand Prix

RasputinLives

No passing through my dirty air please
Contributor
Sorry for the late posting of this quiz guys but I forgot I was doing this one and didn't think I was up until India. Hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment.

Q1. This European nation has twice had a winning constructor at the Marina Bay but only had 1 driver compete there. 1 point for the nation, 1 point for the constructor and 1 point for the driver.

Austria, Red Bull and Christian Klein

Q2. Which driver has won the most Grand Prix's held in Singapore?

Graeme Lawrence - Sorry Seb but the Kiwi driver won 3 none championship races in a row in Singapore between 1969 and 1971 - in 3 different constructors no less

Q3. The first Grand Prix held in what is now the modern day province of Singapore had what official title?

The Orient Year Grand Prix - although I'll give you half if you just got Orient

Q4. Which well known actor famous for a hit 80's movies in which he made Singapore Slings had a days test with the Red Bull F1 team in 2011.

Tom Cruise

Q5. Which popular American female singer stated that she had "Never seen anything like this" whilst on the grid before the 2012 Singapore Grand Prix.

Katy Perry

Q6. The first retirement in the first Singapore Grand Prix held at Marina Bay was famously Nelson Piquet Jr but which driver retired with an engine problem just one lap after him?

Rubens Barrichello

Q7. In what positions did the 2 Red Bulls qualify for the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix?

Webber was 13th and Coulthard was 14th - Vettel was in front of them both in a Toro Rosso in 7th but they at least beat Sebastian Bourdais

Q8. Before Kimi Raikkonen's 6th place finish at the 2012 Singapore Grand Prix who was the highest finishing Finn in races at Marina Bay. Extra points for the place and the year.

Heikki Kovalainen, 7th and 2009

Q9. Which 2 drivers came in to drive a single Friday practice session in a very wet P1 in 2010? Point for each driver, point for each team they were coming into and a point each for the 2 drivers who they replaced.

Jerome D'ambrosio came in for Virgin Racing whilst Lucas Di Grassi sat out and Fairuz Fauzy came in for Lotus (no points for Caterham) in place of Jarno Trulli

Q10. How many times have McLaren won the Singapore Grand Prix? Point for every year you can name they won in.

Twice. In 1969 and 2009

Bonus question for no extra points:

Who really won the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix?

Yeah like I'm touching that hot potato! Argue amongst yourselves!

The maximum score is 20 - if you do score that then let me know and I'll buy you a choc ice.

Have fun.

teabagyokel - I will, but I'm increasingly less fond of the raw points table, as some quizzes are easier than others, and can't think of a good way to compensate for it. No change to the F1-style points table. I'll upload current standings in a moment.

7 which I was disappointed by. I was a bit lazy on a few questions. I feel better seeing that others struggled too!

Back
Top Bottom