Pre-GP Quiz 2013 Italian Grand Prix

tooncheese

Hans Heyer
Contributor
1. Back in the 50s and 60s, the 10km track was occasionally used, which driver recorded two of his three wins in those races?
1961 Champion Phil Hill. The other win was at Spa-Francorchamps.

2. When was the last time an Italian managed to win the Italian Grand Prix?
1966, when Scarfiotti won for Ferrari.

3. 1986 was the last pole position for an Italian at the Italian Grand Prix, who scored it?
Teo Fabi

4. Since the last layout change in 2000, which two drivers have won three races?
Schumacher and Barichello, half points for each.

5. In the same 13 years how many times has the pole sitter not won the race?
3 times, 2002, 2006, 2009.

6. That was not the case in 1995, how many cars ahead of him retired to allow Johnny Herbert to win?
5 - Coulthard, Schumacher, Hill, Berger and Alesi.

7. Traditionally Monza is where Felipe Massa is asked to step up, where was his best finish at Monza?
3rd in 2010

8. The 1988 is famous for Jean-Louis Schlesser's bumbling, but under the radar which engine scored its only podium.
Megatron

9. Who has lead more Italian kilometers, Ferrari, or (Ford) Cosworth, Renault and Mercedes combined.
The coalition 7749 to Ferrari's 7560

10. And to finish: True or False the Championship leader has been different leaving Monza every year from 2007-2012?
False, Hamilton lead in 2007/8.

Last edited:
8 for me. I got lucky on Q5 (pure guess) and Q10
(I did think it was false but I thought it was Alonso, forgetting Hamilton was ahead of him in 2007).

I have to confess I'm not being entirely fair on these, because I tend to only take part in them hen I'm pretty sure I know the answers. Shame on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom