2012 Driver Top 10's

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
If you come across any drivers polls or top 10's please post them here. This is from Autocourse:

1. Alonso
2. Vettel
3. Hamilton
4. Raikkonen
5. Button
6. Hulkenberg
7. Webber
8. Perez
9. Maldonado
10. Ricciardo

Autosport reported the Team Bosses Top 10 as:

1. Alonso
2. Vettel
3. Hamilton
4. Raikkonen
5. Button
6. Webber
7. Hulkenberg
8. Rosberg
9. Perez
10. Massa

I'm sure that can be arranged Bill. If anyone posts a Top 10 can they quote the source and whether it's a public poll or an editorial choice.

This is ESPN's top 10 (editorial choice):

10. Nico Rosberg
9. Pastor Maldonado
8. Mark Webber
7. Sergio Perez
6. Nico Hulkenberg
5. Jenson Button
4. Lewis Hamilton
3. Kimi Räikkönen
2. Sebastian Vettel
1. Fernando Alonso

Crash net update with No 1 undecided but most likely obvious

10 Kobayashi
9 Massa
8 Perez
7 Webber
6 Hulkenberg
5 Button
4 Vettel
3 Hamilton
2 Raikkonen
1 Alonso

I think by Vettel being champion it boosts hims a bit because people have the perception that 'the champion always deserves it', they do, but it doesn't mean they were the best driver in given season.

I'm not sure about Raikkonen being in 3rd either, I think he's benefitted from the (slightly) gifted win in Abu Dhabi and the fact that even though his team-mate regularly outqualified him he usually beat him in the race because Grosjean couldn't get around the first lap half the time.

Don't get me wrong, I think both drivers should be in the top 4, I just think they've been somewhat flattered by the factors mentioned above.

Well my favorite is Alonso..
Alonso began in karting from the age of 3. He won three successive karting championships in Spain from 1994 to 1997, and he became world karting champ in 1996. He made his Formula One debut in the 2001 with Minardi, and then moved to the Renault as a test driver the next season.

Back
Top Bottom