Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Narain Karthikeyan

• Timo Glock

• Charles Pic

• Total voters
Alonso would be a worthy winner of this however Button was simply supreme. He controlled the race and he showed the rest who was going to win from the first lap. Fantastic.

So many to choose from and am mindful that it is 'of the weekend'.

Has to be Jenson - yes, I know Lewis was on pole but he didn't quite get away smoothly.

Alonso wasn't exactly brilliant at qualifying but put in a stonking performance; Kimi did well (and was lucky) in the race; Perez, what a boy! Grosjean, great until he met Maldonado and the very same man (Maldonado) blotted his copy book - at least in my eyes - he (Maldonado) needs to learn some manners.

Well forgive my partisanship but I've had to wait 2 full seasons to have the option of Kimi! Plus he didn't do too badly either.

I'm still waiting for Mika to come back though, he always said he would :unsure:

I'm also surprised Kamui hasn't got a vote or even had a mention from anybody else. 6th and didn't he have a damaged rear wing? Maybe they should just start him off with a damaged wing, he always seem to drive better :)

I'm also surprised Kamui hasn't got a vote or even had a mention from anybody else. 6th and didn't he have a damaged rear wing? Maybe they should just start him off with a damaged wing, he always seem to drive better :)

Maybe because there were several obvious "outstanding" candidates so a "very good" doesn't really get a look in ?

I don't see how scoring 6th place with a damaged rear wing is not outstanding. He outqualified his teammate who was knocked out in Q1 (although people seem to be forgetting that) whilst also outqualifying a Ferrari and what looks to be a very fast Williams. It is driver of the weekend, and Kobayashi had one of the strongest of the field.

Fernando is getting all sorts of praise for his performance. Yet, Kamui started one place behind Alonso on the grid and finished one place behind him in the race. With a damaged wing! In fact, I'm kind of regretting not voting for him now.

As a matter of fact Perez had a gearbox problem and got knocked out in Q2 as he couldn't participate.

Kobayashi also got quite lucky with the safety car then the collisions which promoted him further up the field.

Also, having slight damage on rear end ate doesn't have much effect on the car, not knocking the guy, but that's several reasons why he's probably not got a mention. Plus his team-mate finished 8th after starting dead last.

Well you convinced me.;)
Wow, just checked last years standings and Seb got 5 votes for the same performance as Button.:twisted:

Wow, just checked last years standings and Seb got 5 votes for the same performance as Button.:twisted:
Which is why we decided this year not to bother with any "official" polls.
Too many people vote their favourite driver rather than basing it on performance, making any vote meaningless.

You would think people would sometimes look at things objectively.
Nice thought, but we all fall into the same trap now and then. It's the 'serial' minds that create mayhem and not just in F1.

You would think people would sometimes look at things objectively.

Not a chance of that on here.Certain drivers no matter how well the did will ever receive any recogntion.Other drivers no matter how poor they were will still get votes.

After watching the race again (OK, the highlights! No need to be pedantic! ), I've made my decision.

As much as I enjoyed Jenson's win, I've voted for Perez. As previously stated by other posts, Perez started last through no fault of his own and still finished a superb 8th. Made himself tricky to pass as well, without being an arse. Perez it is then. :)

Kobayashi also got quite lucky with the safety car then the collisions which promoted him further up the field.

Thats true but that move on Kimi on the safety car start was pure class! Kimi had got him earlier though so I'd say its pretty much even stevens between the pair of them.

Think I said it on another thread but thats a battle I expect to go on all season and look forward to watching - Now if only we could throw Schumi in the mix with them as well! woop!

I voted for Jenson as I don't see there as being any other option. But Kobi, Alonso and Vettel def came under consideration.

Back
Top Bottom