Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vitantonio Liuzzi

• Timo Glock

• Jerome d’Ambrosio

• Total voters
Vettel, got the jump on Webber which proved crucial for the first pit stop, then after that pit stop he had to make up the ground and he made the overtakes to make it happen.

Then his defending against Hamilton without KERS at times was as stiffert_fan says was "masterful"

lewis Hamilton for keeping up with a superior car on a circuit which matches Red Bulls car perfectly.

Welcome to Red Bull land. Where Red Bull are fantastic. A second clear in qualifying AND ahead in the Grand Prix. Alonso's dropped off, Vettel is there for an easy win. Surely? There is nothing else that could possibly trouble him...

3. Lewis Hamilton

If you click the number of votes you can see who's voted in this poll and for whom.

I said after Turkey that I couldn't vote for Vettel because he wasn't challenged. This week he held off Hamilton and drove superbly, but in all honesty any of the top 3 could have got it.

This is the 1st time Vettel has hard to work for a win so maybe deserves the award this week but his pace is still down to the car advantage. Hamilton was amazing to keep on his gearbox but just not quite fast enough so my vote has to go to the driver who was literally on fire yesterday and finished 8th after starting in the pits!

Heidfeld The beard wins it again!

Jenson was excellent apart from his start and made the 3 stop work beautifully. Alonso just couldn't hang on despite his start and it was clear the Ferrari just wasn't fast enough today. Nick was also brilliant, he was 20th on lap 29 (I think?) and ended up half a second behind the Mercs in 8th - one more lap and he would have been 6th!

Seb and Lewis in a class of their own today though. Hamilton being kept out a little longer probably cost him track position, and maybe an undercut on the last stop could have given him 1st. He kept up with the Red Bulls brilliantly and showed the Mclaren isn't far behind (if at all) in terms of race pace. He and Seb emphasised their growing maturity with no mistakes or desperate moves today.

But i'm going to go for Vettel. His KERS failure in Q3 perhaps cost him pole but he had a good start and was able to jump Mark. As said he was masterful when he came up against a rampant Hamilton. But he saved the win when that poor call from Red Bull planted him behind that train of cars yet overtook excellently on his outlap to ensure he lost minimal time.

Can't wait for the rest of this season and their careers for plenty more ding-dongs between them!

I went for LH after waiting to see whether he'd get a penalty. He didn't so I went for him, as he never gave up hope to pass Vettel's superior Red Bull (although Red Bull's advantage is far smaller in race trim than in quali).
Barcelona was always going to be one of the circuits where the Red Bull's superiority comes to the fore.

Hamilton, best of the rest and whatever DC says I still stink that RB is slightly better in race trim than the McLaren. If it were driver of the weekend I think Alonso wouldnt be far off the prize, amazing lap in qualifying and even when he dived into 1st and held them up still finished a lap behind, he did everything he could this weekend. But so did Hamilton.

Hmm I swear it said driver of the day... either way both Alonso and Hamilton got 100% out of the car this weekend but with Hamilton in 2nd and only 0.6 seconds behind at the flag it has to be him. While Vettel was pushed for the win this weekend I'd still like to see him do what Hamilton did today in a car that isn't the class of the field.

Gone for Seb. Showed he is the best driver at Red Bull and was impressive in holding Hamilton at bay - close call between him and Hammy though.

I could have choosen any of Vettel or Hamilton but i choose Hamilton because he drove a fantastic race and too keep pace with Vettel for much of the race.

But hat's off too Alonso for keeping pace in the first half of the race and despite falling behind and been lapped in the final half of the race his start was fab and kept him infront as long as he could.

Also well done Jenson Button on making a 3 stop strategy work. and climbing his way back to a poduim finish after an awful start.

Back
Top Bottom