• Vitantonio Liuzzi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Glock

• Jerome d'Ambrosio

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Di Resta, getting ahead of the Mercedes of Rosberg and even stretching his gap at the end. Vettel was again utterly dominant of course and Button having another very good 2nd place performance.

DI RESTA FOR ME :).

He has been class this weekend, from lack of running on Friday to getting into the top 10 in Qualifying yesterday and getting 6th ahead of Mercedes and miles down the road from Rosberg. Only Vettel and Button get close to Di Resta this weekend for me but they not all that close to him.

WELL DONE PAUL ON A FAB WEEKEND.
Surely he's sewn down to a contract with Force India next season, they'd be crazy not to keep him on!

Di Resta, with Webber a close second. His pass on Alonso was masterful. Button was terrific as well. Lots of great performances throughout the field.

They really bring Trulli's expertise in being a mobile chicane into sharp focus. Why does this guy still have a drive?

Has to be Vettel - sorry whilst I :sick:

If it was 'of the day' - it would be a toss up between Di Resta and Hamilton with special mention to Button.

Di Resta didn't bother qualifying and Hamilton threw away his advantage quite early on. Jens just went about his business.

for me there were three drives which stood out, Seb, once again peerless in qualifying, and the race, Jenson, the only one able to mount any kind of challenge, and able to fend off Webber, and Di resta, who really made the strategy work whilst importantly not getting caught up in unnecessary tussles with other out of position drivers.

I voted for Paul, as I was impressed with the way he managed his race, and a sixth place in a force India is a superb result.

Just realised its driver of the weekend, not day. I voted Hamilton for the entertaining race but for the weekend I really should have voted Vettel.

As usual I have at least three candidates they being:

Sebastian Vettel - Again flawless, pole, race win, lead every lap, shame he didn't get the fastest lap, lost a lot of time near the end, I wonder if he really did have the pace to pull away from Button since Button was closing in over 1s per lap :thinking: Great performance nevertheless!

Di Resta - Comprehensively bet Sutil and was matching him on the prime tyres, managed to finish ahead of Rosberg too who had a faster car, made the odd strategy work in his favour, on a track he hasn't raced before, great performance :)

Surprised no none's mentioned young Perez, he may have not been as spectacular as Di Resta, but he also had a car which was quite slower yet kept up with the 6th-9th train, and he beat his more experienced team-mate in qualifying and in the race easily, also got bumped into by Rosberg, Bruno Senna and Michael Schumacher, one must wonder how did he survive the race? :thinking:

Who to go for? I :dunno:

Hm...finally came to a decision, Perez since Di Resta didn't particapate in Q3.

Have to say this, many people are votting for di resta because people are sick of voting for vettel but today goes to vettel IMHO. Over the weekend he dominated not just in Quali but in the race too. In fact this vettels victory was won from the lead through out the entire race, that hasn't been done by vettel since valencia 2010. I just can't vote for di resta today as he was outqualified by sutil in q2 therefore not being the driver of the WEEKEND.

Jenson for me - because he's my favourite :p

...and for not making any mistakes in quali or the race, for rebuffing Webber's attempted pressure, and for making the last 7 laps exciting (even if the outcome was never really in doubt, thanks to the WIlliams drivers).

(I just can't bring myself to vote for Vettel, even though logically he's done the better job pretty much all season. There's just something robotically teutonic about him that no amount of jokey soundbites or references to Little Britain can paper over, for me at least!).

Enjoyed the latest chapter in the Webber/Alonso duel too - 2 quality non-DRS overtakes from the Webmeister yesterday...:thumbsup:

Thing is, if you gave Button, Alonso or Hamilton the Red Bull, they'd be doing exactly what Vettel is doing, and I wouldn't be voting for them in driver of the weekend. I guess it's just me being all British and supporting the underdogs (I voted for di Riesta)

Very well done to a number of drivers but as for driver of the weekend - it has to be Vettel. He completed all sessions, not a single mistake, mastered the backmarkers beautifully and to say the others would be doing the same in his car - Webber is so far away from him I'm not so sure.

Back
Top Bottom