• Vitantonio Luizzi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Glock

• Jerome d'Ambrosio

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm thinking Kobayashi for getting his Sauber up there. As I have said in the chump thread there are a lot of potential winners of this so I will be taking my time over the vote.

I've gone for Pastor Maldonado. Got the Williams into Q3 and then running for a good finish until Hamilton nerfed him. Brilliant weekend and, at last, Williams score some points with Rubens.

Driver of the "Weekend"?

Vettel

Vettel for a stunning Pole lap that included traffic!

Vettel for managing his Softs so well that he had the balls to attempt 60 odd laps on them so he could win a race which was lost after his pit crew lost him 8 seconds!

I'll wait to hear more arguments before casting my vote, but currently I'm leaning towards Fernando.

The Ferrari, contrary to some posters, is just as fast as Red Bull and McLaren on the Softs in race trim, look at Turkey and Spain as illustration.

It's the Hards where Ferrari lose performance...and there were no Hard Pirellis at Monaco!

Plus Ferrari's KERS is superior to Red Bull's KERS...and they have a new clutch as of Turkey which have helped Alonso get off the line at the start really well.

Alonso basically drove a normal race.

Vettel drove exceptionally to win a race that was lost to Button when his pit crew cocked up his stop hugely!

Have to put Kobayashi up there with Vettel.

This is extraordinarily difficult, as there were lots of great performances. Button was the fastest all day, but had the super softs on most of the time. Vettel and Alonso might have pulled off the win with badly worn tyres (although we will never know, with the red flag intervening) which would have been brilliant. Kobayashi and Maldonado had wonderful drives as well.

In the end, I will have to go along with Galahad, as I can find no flaws in his reasoning.

Well the top 5 would certainly get my vote along with Maldonado

Vettel - His tyres were gone, and he had a predator right behind him hounding him down again, he was in the worst position tyre wise out of the top 3, as Christian Horner said, the team messed up the stops, put on the wrong tyres so we had to change the strategy, "BUT Seb made it work"

Alonso - Great start, came out of nowhere really to be a contender, everyone else was thinking of the race between Vettel and Button, but Alonso had Red Bull worried, how he got into that position I don't know, his car was slower than the McLaren and Red Bull, after qualifying I don't think many thought Alonso would have challenged for the win at all.

Button - Faultless race, the race was his (probably) but McLaren anticipated a safety car when Glock pulled off, made the gap up quickly, I think McLaren did have the fastest car here, but he like Vettel MADE it work. The only thing I am disappointed about in his drive, is that he didn't really look to have a move at Alonso, he just kind of sat back a little waiting for it to unfold between the front two and pounce, but I guess it was probably the best option as Alonso was making a move on Vettel most of the time (contradicting myself).

Maldonado - What did he do wrong? Not much really. He seemed to be hanging on to the top cars, he qualified well extremely well. Great race for him, but he didn't finish after an unfortunate incident.

Then there's Kobayashi, but he bumped off Sutil, and Webber aswell after being around the back of the points before the safety car.

But I have to say, the top 3 majorly impressed me, today showed why all 3 are world champions.

But I will give to Alonso, had the slower car out of the top 3, yet popped out of nowhere to give his a 3 horse race.

EDIT: (I might go for Vettel...wait...maybe Button? Alonso? Still undecided!)

The Ferrari, contrary to some posters, is just as fast as Red Bull and McLaren on the Softs in race trim, look at Turkey and Spain as illustration.

It's the Hards where Ferrari lose performance...and there were no Hard Pirellis at Monaco!

Plus Ferrari's KERS is superior to Red Bull's KERS...and they have a new clutch as of Turkey which have helped Alonso get off the line at the start really well.

Alonso basically drove a normal race.

Vettel drove exceptionally to win a race that was lost to Button when his pit crew cocked up his stop hugely!

Have to put Kobayashi up there with Vettel.

Great points, that said you cannot really say that Ferrari are not the 3rd best car on the grid! even on fading softs the RB had superior traction.

As I can't decide between the top 3 I'm going to look a little further down the grid and go for Kamui. To drive a race like that, scoring a 5th and almost getting 4th, in a car that shouldn't really be there, on a one stopper even after 2 Safety Cars, and following Perez's very heavy crash, was quite astounding really.

I wonder what he'll be able to do in a race winning car :thinking:

Button as think he would have won without that ridiculous red flag at the end..

Kobi gets an honourable mention..

The vicar for me - just because he is one of the most inexperienced and he was driving a Williams

I've gone for Hamilton. Now it would be kind of debated if he desrved to be chump instead, but I've decided to vote for racing and against lack of imagination(read Vettel). I want to see racing and not a train where you ask for permission to pass, which would mean that only the best car with most consistent driver would win. I do realise that couple of Lewis's overtake attempts were not realistic, but nevertheless.. I rather see that than no racing at all.

This a real tough one, the toughest thisseason so far for me.
In the end any of the top three could have got it, and the differences in outcome seemed to come from the way the race unfolded and how well it fitted around each driver's tactics,
In the end I went for Alonso this time, purely because that Ferrari (especially in traction coming out of slow corners) still looks behind the top-two cars.

Button as think he would have won without that ridiculous red flag at the end..

Kobi gets an honourable mention..

Sure he would have... :D He couldn't do anything with Vettel when he had new super-softs and Vettel had 30+ lap old softs. And when he cruised on the back of Alonso with new tyres he was again helpless. So you think that he would have overtaken the pair of them in what, 8-9 laps?

My vote goes to Vettel for the same reasons as I've given him my vote before this season.

Back
Top Bottom