Grand Prix 2011 Malaysian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Typical F1.
You wait months for a race and then 2 come along in the space of a few weeks.

This weekend will see the 13th race at the Sepang circuit; will it be unlucky for some?
For a most excellent circuit write-up, see Galahad's musings here, along with enough stat's and data to satisfy the most ardent of nerds: Sepang International Circuit

2009 is remembered for the later start and torrential rain which resulted in the race being red flagged after 33 laps; making it only the fifth race in F1 history to be stopped before 75% of the distance had been completed.

Ferrari and McLaren will no doubt be aiming to make it into Q2 after their amateurish mistakes last year.
With rain forecast for the weekend though, the chances of one or more of the top drivers making a mistake is fairly high.

This race is probably make or break for HRT.
If they don't manage to qualify within 107% of the fastest time in Q1 and are once again stopped from participating in the Grand Prix, then you have to assume it's all over for them.

So, lots to look forward to. Let's hope it's not a Red Bull walkover and qualifying is a lot closer than Australia.

Hmm...interesting. I look forward to finding out. As is regularly pointed out in commentary, the best way to find out if it is raining is to look up.

I'm a full time dad now so no more silly o'clock sessions for me :(

I have to get up at 0700 with Maya so bed by 12...

You might catch FP2. :D How's being a full time Dad treating you? Heard the pay isn't so good.

I never actually fell asleep. Going to try between FP1 and 2. So, what do we expect from this season. I'm hoping to see Mclaren top of the time charts and everyone talking about how quickly Pirelli's degrade. Hopefully Anthony Davidson is back as well.

What is happening with Renault. Heidfeld front right break problem(locked) and now front left goes spectacularly on Petrov's.....
Worrying.....

:D glad you folks noticed

It was a weird session, with three similar failures across two different teams. Red Bulls are looking good as always

Back
Top Bottom