Grand Prix 2011 Japanese Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

no-FIAt-please

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
Hmm I don't find that to be then case for example the curves in Melbourne (turn 7 & 8?) and in Valencia leading onto the straights. I also wonder if they would be able to open tha flap in Suzuka on the curve after the hairpin?

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Don't know if it's been mentioned but Alan Jones will be the driver rep on the stewards panel in Japan.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but Alan Jones will be the driver rep on the stewards panel in Japan.
:thumbsup:

Awesome.

AJ was a no-nonsense driver. One of Sir Frank's and Patrick Head's absolute favourites, if not the favourite!

Hopefully we won't get the rubbish we got from the utterly dismal Derek Daly at Monza or even the anti-Hamilton bias we got from Mansell at Spa.

Funny how all three are former Williams drivers.

One thing, though: I'm willing to bet Jonesy looks the other way if fellow Aussie Mark punts someone up the rear or chops across someone's front wing. :D

Any takers? ;)

French Interviewer: "Ah, Monsiour Zhones, Zont yu tink Marc shud be pee-nil-izd?"

Jonesy; "Naa, Mate. Racing Incident. Now be a good little Froggy an' Bugger Off ... Gotta meet up for a pint with Maaak...G'day!"

LOL

Zed Ali

Rookie
Is not something like 75% of of all pole sitters have gone on to win the race?

As for next year, Neweys cars usually have a optimum shelf life of about 3 years. Had RB had the double diffuser in 2009 then they would have probably won that too. With a lot of teams trying new parts for next year ( as it is an evolution, except the diffuser) I reckon we will get a glimpse of how next year may shape up.

I still think Lewis will beat Jenson. Jensen is having an excellent season. Lewis is having a downer of season by his standards, yet is only 17 points behind which is not a lot in new money...

Chad Stewarthill

Champion Elect
Contributor
I still think Lewis will beat Jenson. Jensen is having an excellent season. Lewis is having a downer of season by his standards, yet is only 17 points behind which is not a lot in new money...
Or even in old money.
Wasn't Lewis 17 points ahead of Kimi in 2007 with two races left?

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff Member
Yes, he needed one more point.

Well, 2 actually, as Raikkonen finished on more wins.

Fenderman

Rooters Reporter
How does he do it? So much grip it's unreasonable!

Edit. PS Andrea D and I using Chat, if you're interested.:)

Andrea_Moda_Rules

Podium Finisher
I missed it lol, only got FP1 on the t'internt and was tab flicking. Insane though, rather him then me, and would like to see him do it in a HRT too LOL

Top Bottom