• Vitanttonio Liuzzi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Glock

• Jerome d'Ambrosio

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As was pointed out on another thread, Jenson was 0.009s away from topping every session at Suzuka. For outpacing Vettel on what has been acknowledged as a "Red Bull" track (in recent years, anyway), and the fastest lap he put in when Alonso started to pressure him at the end of the race, it has to go to Jenson Button. I actually think it was better race performance than Canada (albeit not quite as exciting!).

Honourable mention to Fernando Alonso, for competing in a car that wasn't the greatest.

But its seeming a long time ago that it was obvious that Button couldn't compete with Hamilton at McLaren, and his first non-2009 dry victory, so I think he takes the laurels.
Now it's becoming obvious that Lewis can't compete with JB

Quite a lot of candidates this weekend.

Jenson Button - Qualified well, raced well, should have been on pole if Hamilton didn't get it.

Fernando Alonso - Got out-qualified by Massa, but drove a great race, but how good was that Ferrari? Out of nowhere started closing in on Button eventhough it looked like he was going to get overtaken by Vettel as he was on the most hated tyre of Ferrari's.

Sebastian Vettel - Drove like champion, superb pole lap, wasn't giving up on the win, think he was hampered by Red Bull's conservative strategy, so could he have contended for the win?

Michael Schumacher - I know someone's pointed out that he started 8th and finished 6th while his team-mate started 23rd and finished 10th, Rosberg had the advantage of tyres. Back to Schumacher's performance, he's just been there all weekend, lead a few laps, his pace was close to the top 3 teams, nearly got ahead of Hamilton and finished ahead of Massa, in the 4th best car which is quite a bit off, that is not too shabby.

Sergio Perez - We don't know how is qualifying would have went, but he had a problem with his car so he had start 17th, he wasn't feeling too good either, but managed to finish 8th after Sauber again deploy one of their cheesy strategies, and being
"0.001s off Fastest Lap. That is one hell of an effort" - quoted from TBY

I am not sure who to give it too, I usually give to the "underdog", it's between Alonso and Perez, but since it's about the "weekend and not the race" I will give to Perez since Alonso got out-qualified by Massa, and Perez had to retire from qualifying early.

Back
Top Bottom