2011 IndyCar Series Schedule

Matthew Little

Points Scorer
2011 IndyCar Series Schedule Revealed

According to Speed's open-wheel major-domo Robin Miller, the 2011 series schedule will look as follows.........
Rd.1/27 March--Honda Grand Prix of St. Pete, Streets of St. Petereburg(St. Petersburg, Fla.)
Rd.2/3 April--Alabama Indy Grand Prix, Barber Motorsports Park(Birmingham, Ala.)
Rd.3/17 April--37th Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach, Streets of Long Beach(Long Beach, Ca.)
Rd.4/1 May--Sao Paulo Indy 300, Streets of Sao Paulo(Sao Paulo, Brazil)
Rd.5/29 May--95th Indianapolis 500, Indianapolis Motor Speedway(Speedway, Ind.)
Rd.6/12 June--Texas Twin 275's, Texas Motor Speedway(Ft. Worth, Tx.)
Rd.7/19 June--Milwaukee Indy 250, The Milwaukee Mile(W. Allis, Wisc.)
Rd.8/26 June--Iowa Corn Indy 250, Iowa Speedway(Newton, Ia.)
Rd.9/10 July--Honda Indy Toronto, Exhibition Place(Toronto, Ont.)
Rd.10/24 July--Honda Indy Edmonton, City Centre Airport(Edmonton, Alb.)
Rd.11/7 August--Honda Indy 200 @ Mid-Ohio, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course(Lexington, Ohio)
Rd.12/14 August--New Hampshire Indy 200, New Hampshire Motor Speedway(Loudon, N.H.)
Rd.13/28 August--Sonoma Indy Grand Prix, Infineon Raceway(Sonoma, Ca.)
Rd.14/4 Sept.--Baltimore Indy Grand Prix, Inner Harbor/Oriole Park(Baltimore, Md.)
Rd.15/18 Sept.--Bridgestone Indy Japan 300, Twin Ring Motegi(Motegi, Japan)
Rd.16/2 Oct.--Kentucky Indy 300, Kentucky Motor Speedway(Sparta, Ky.)
*Rd.17/16 Oct.--Las Vegas Indy 300, Las Vegas Motor Speedway(N. Las Vegas, Nev.)
*---subject to event sponsorship

At first glance, it's an interesting schedule. For the first time, there are zero ISC-owned tracks on the calendar, which is good for the series as rumor has it ISC(a/k/a the France Family) wanted to continue low-balling the IRL on sanction fees for its' events(Kansas, Homestead, Watkins Glen and Chicagoland). Throw in the fact that none of the ISC tracks seemed to promote IndyCar events worth a :censored: added to them getting dropped.

OTOH, Milwaukee & New Hampshire return to the calendar(neither are 100% throttle, foot-to-the-floor tracks) although in a perfect world the Mile would follow Indy, not Texas. Speaking of Texas, the first twin-race event on an Indycar calendar since the early 80's should bring plenty of interest(I woulda' gone for twin 275km races instead of twin 225km events.....but that's just me. ;) ......)

All-in-all, 9 road/street races and 9 oval races(8 plus the Texas two-step) should make for an interesting 2011 season.

no ovals before Indy :givemestrength: :givemestrength:

Looking forward to the new Baltimore race, seems an intresting track 8-) 8-)

Shame that Chicagoland isn't on, some of the closest races in motorsport histroy have happened there

LifeW12 said:
no ovals before Indy :givemestrength: :givemestrength:

Looking forward to the new Baltimore race, seems an intresting track 8-) 8-)

Shame that Chicagoland isn't on, some of the closest races in motorsport histroy have happened there

I'm with you on Chicagoland; I wish that track was still on the schedule. Unfortunately, it(like another good track, Watkins Glen) is owned by the France Family MafiaISC, so I can't decide whether to miss it or think, 'oh well......'......... :o :o :o

Back
Top Bottom