Pre-GP Quiz 2011 Canadian GP - Pre-Race Quiz

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
1. A Sauber driver was hospitalised at the 2007 Canadian Grand Prix, namely Robert Kubica. Where did his replacement, unknown German teen Sebastian Vettel, finish in his only race for BMW at Indianapolis?

8th, becoming the youngest man into the points

2. Gilles Villeneuve won his first race at the circuit which now bears his name in 1978. Who raced in car #27?

Alan Jones of Williams.

3. Which two World Champions celebrated their 100th Grand Prix at Mont-Tremblant in 1968 [half point each]?

Jack Brabham and Graham Hill

4. 12 June was the date of the 1966 Belgian Grand Prix. How many drivers were classified finishers?

Only the 5 - Surtees, Rindt, Bandini, Brabham and Ginther. 2 were non-classified and the rest of the 15 car field were eliminated on the first lap in treacherous conditions. Jackie Stewart's accident in particular had a huge effect on his life.

5. Who started on pole in the last Grand Prix on 12 June, in 2005 (also in Canada)?

Jenson Button

6. Qualifying will be on 11th June, the anniversary of the Le Mans disaster. Which constructor did Pierre Levegh race for in the World Championship?

Talbot Lago

7. This table describes the Canadian results of which driver?

1R
2R
3:3rd:
4R
5:3rd:
6:1st:
7:3rd:
8:2nd:
9R
10R
11R
[td]Year[/td][td]Position[/td]

The one and only Jean Alesi

8. Two drivers marked their first wins at 2007 and 2008 Canadian Grand Prix, but what was unknowingly marked on the third step of each podium?

Last podium for Alex Wurz and David Coulthard.
The two podiums were First Win, Nick Heidfeld and Last Podium!

9. What was the highest position in which a Super Aguri completed a lap at Montreal in 2007?

3rd for Anthony Davidson on lap 36

10. These are the drivers who have not been crowned World Champion to win the Canadian Grand Prix:

Jacky Ickx (twice), Peter Revson, Gilles Villeneuve, Jacques Laffitte, René Arnoux, _________, Thierry Boutsen, Gerhard Berger, Jean Alesi, Ralf Schumacher and Robert Kubica.

Who have I omitted.

Michele Alboreto, winner in 1985.

I'm suicidally upset with 6. Made the classic error of assuming Levegh drove for a team in F1 that he drove for in other disciplines.

Feel like a right fool now...

I'm suicidally upset with 6. Made the classic error of assuming Levegh drove for a team in F1 that he drove for in other disciplines.

Feel like a right fool now...
See, if you hadn't owned to that no-one would have noticed! Admire your honesty though.

I don't take part in tby's fiendishly difficult quizzes 'cos I would be behind Alexm and Gethin - i.e. in the 'nil points' every time

Back
Top Bottom