• Vitantonio Luizzi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Glock

• Jerome d'Ambrosio

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't disagree with the comments already made re Vettel and Perez, and have voted for Petrov.

I thought di Resta and Buemi also had good races without exactly grabbing the headlines.

Vitaly drove a great race and I hope to see many more similar performances, but I've voted for Lewis, to close in on the Red Bull rocketship in the early part of the race and then to drive 40% of the distance with a knackered undertray that would have seriously compromised aero handling - and probably would have caused anyone else to stick it in the kitty litter.

I gone for Sebby V - I know it's the best car but his team mate was in the same equipment and was no where near. His non-KERS assisted pole lap was sublime and he didn't put a foot wrong in the race (although his pass on Button was questionable).

Viva La Finger! Look, even Jacko's getting in on it and he's been dead nearly 2 years.

michael_jackson%28004-headshot-finger-med%29.jpg

Has to be Petrov, he looks like (if one race result is not too simplistic) he has stepped up a gear to replace Kubica.

Like most, I guess, I had Heidfeld picked to be the better in the Renault, but I hope this was not a one-off.

Surprised at the poll results so far :dunno:

Fair enough, Petrov did a great job in qualifying and had a great first few corners. But, seriously, how can that be better than what Vettel did? Would Vettel have got the votes if he'd also bagged fastest lap? I don't see what else he could have done...!

Where was Webber in comparison, in his home Grand Prix? That *must* have hurt...:clip:

Vettel has the fastest car on the grid by some margin.
Once he was in front by the first corner it was the usual cruise home.

If anything Hamilton did a better job as he was the only driver to out-qualify a Red Bull.

Hi Brogan - I'm debating, not arguing:goodday:(and I love the emoticons on this site :thumbsup:)

If Vettel had the fastest car, where was Webber...? Vettel was in front at the first corner because he was 0.8s faster than anyone else, including the bloke in his home race in the other fastest car! He went past Button as if the McLaren wasn't there - who cares whether it was legal or not, it was some move.

Honestly, I'm not a Vettel fan - I would like Button to win - but you can't help but admire how fast Vettel is when he needs to be. For me, he could do no more, so I voted for him in the poll.

Just hope he doesn't walk away with the championship (although I do have him in my fantasy team :D)

I've gone for Perez, shame about the DQ, but great drive from a rookie in a Sauber. Can't go for Vettel as having a car that is 8/10ths faster in Qualifying than anyone else just means it was a cruise. Guess he also got all the decent parts for his car. Got to say that Mark looked like he was in another team and definitely had the slower chassis.

Hi Brogan - I'm debating
So am I :thumbsup:

I would hope my post didn't come across as arguing :)

There's no denying that Vettel is quick (er than his team mate).
Put Alonso or Hamilton in that car and I suspect it might be a different story though ;)

There's no denying that Vettel is quick (er than his team mate).
Put Alonso or Hamilton in that car and I suspect it might be a different story though ;)

Also agree with Chad. Was this a one off or what we are going to see all year from Webber..?

It'll not happen, but my money would be on Vettel to beat either of the other two in the same car. Lewis might take the challenge (Fernando wouldn't, would he!!) but my money would be on SV to do to Lewis what Lewis has done to JB.

Can you do a poll for that? :please:Something like

Vettel vs Hamilton

Vettel by 0.3s / lap
Vettel by 0.1s / lap
Dead Heat
Hamilton by 0.1s / lap
Hamilton by 0.3s / lap

Tough one - four very good performances from VET, HAM, PET and PER.

It's tempting to go for Perez, he did an unbelievable job. And he seems like a lovely, charming guy - if you saw the forum! Consider me a fan. Hey, that makes two Sauber drivers! Fantastic. However for some reason I can't quite believe that it was entirely his own doing - either the car is superb on it's tyres compared to the rest, or the other teams underestimated the tyre degradation. Anyway, not to detract from his superb performance. Can't wait to see him in Malaysia. Love the Sauber lineup.

I'm going for Petrov because it's such a surprise for me, he's been quick on occasion but this weekend he just got everything right, the first time since Hungary. He needs to get more consistent and deliver race after race, but this is a terrific sign of things to come, I hope. Good luck to the guy, he is good natured and a spirited racer.

Surprised at the poll results so far :dunno:

Fair enough, Petrov did a great job in qualifying and had a great first few corners. But, seriously, how can that be better than what Vettel did? Would Vettel have got the votes if he'd also bagged fastest lap? I don't see what else he could have done...!

Where was Webber in comparison, in his home Grand Prix? That *must* have hurt...:clip:

OK, Vettel was 0.8s clear of Webber in Q3.
Petrov was 1.7s clear of Heidfeld in Q1, and his time in Q3 was 2 seconds clear of Heidfeld's Q1 run.

I would be the first (second, sorry FB) to admit that Vettel probably doesn't get a fair crack of the whip (especially compared to LH - that poll is unfortunately only likely to go one way on this largely British site imo, sorry!), but I don't think it is indefensible to go for a far more surprising and equally worthy DotW!

People keep harping on the superiority of the RB car. How does anyone know that the car would BE so superior without SVs input being taken into consideration during the design of the car? Simple and obvious answer: no one DOES know.

Vettel was my second choice for DotW, because of his virtually flawless weekend.

By the way, does anyone know if Mark has been out on his mountain bike again?LOL

Perez for me. New team, new car, first race - drove like a pro. Really great. (not his fault car was disqualified, also arguably none performance enhancing - lets see for the next race)

Vitaly put in a podium performance in a fast car in a team he is familiar with. Shame we can't vote for two but there we go!

I think Petrov did a great job, Vettel drove his car faultlessly, but.... even though I was tempted by Petrov I think Hamilton needs more acclaim for bringing his car home 2nd when it was not the quickest machine available and did not finish in one piece - jury out on how the damage happened, but....

By the way, Seb was faultless, but shouldn't they all be? I'd love an eight figure job that congratulated me for doing it right!

Back
Top Bottom