Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jarno Trulli

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff Member
Valued Member
I have a feeling I know which way this vote will go but before you all reach for the mouse and click Vettel there are one or two other drivers who just may be in with a chance of this award.

Alonso was out of sorts all weekend and couldn't seem to get a handle on the car. Being out qualified by Massa (who needed a good result if only to divert press speculation away from his future at Ferrari) is one thing but failing to take the prancing horse out of Q2 is another problem all together.

Liuzzi who is perhaps the driver who currently has the slenderest of grips on a race seat once again showed the gulf in difference between himself and his team mate and a fiver on him not being in the car by the end of the season would seem a good bet on the strength of his performance this weekend.

So there are two drivers to think about but were there any others?

Apart from the obvious, those 2 you have mentioned are the only others I can think of.

Although Alonso messed up by not making it to Q3, that in no way compares to almost taking out your teammate and costing yourself 25/18 points, your teammate 3/10 points and the team 28 points.

It can only be Vettel for me.

I get Alonso, but his qualifying perfomrance was a result of failing to set the car, and not rank stupidity. Even taking out Petrov can be considered a genuine racing incident.

Vettel, Even the most sympathetic of Vettel's supports seem to have to qualify their description of his behaviour as a racing incident, it's always because of his age, because he picked the wrong guy to bully - My feeling is that since there is this "because" we can safely assume that everyone agrees to some extent that Vettel caused the accident.

Even if I liked the guy though (big "if"), the excessive way he is determined to blame his teammate for driving straight is unacceptable - Since even he denies this was a racing incident I cannot fail but to give him the biggest chump ticket yet. The reality is that no driver can ever be accused of driving in a predicatble manner on the racing line, so if there was no racing incident, Vettel's a complete numpty and should have all his toys confiscated until he calms down.

This is a clear-cut "win" for Vettel. By violating the 1st Commandment of motor-racing "Thou shalt not wreck they teammate",he proved that he is still too immature to be a valid threat for the WDC just yet. His actions have also created friction between the two drivers, and bad chemistry can destroy a teams championship aspirations. :censored:

When I think about each driver and whether any of them deserve the accolade, it's very difficult to get past the amazing blunder of Vettel.

Therefore, the only candidate worthy of my vote is Sebastian Vettel.

He'll be dining on Chump steaks for the next fortnight...

For the 2nd time this season, David Coulthard.

DC : "Kobayashi will not make it into Q2."

*Kobayashi qualifies 10th*

Enja said:
:thumbsup: good call :D

But Sebastian :crazy: ticked all the Champion of Chumpdum boxes this weeken. :blink: Even his qualifying was woefully inadequate. :spank:

Enja said:

DC : "Kobayashi will not make it into Q2."

*Kobayashi qualifies 10th*

Or Eddie Jordan:

"I think Petrov is in real danger of nto making it past Q1"

*Vitaly qualifies 9th and posts fastest lap (with a little help from Fernando mind you)*

As there is unanimity thus far, no-one will be too surprised where my vote has gone. In his own language: Kompletter Wahnsinn!

I am very very tempted to vote for Alonso, i'm not sure if it's just me but recently there appears to be a touch of the 2007's around him in the fact that he's overextending himself and the car and making schoolboy errors, not something i'd expect from a double word champion but by the same token i can't quite put my finger on what is causing the pressure in the first place. :thinking:

Anyway i'm going to have to give this one to Vettel & the RB management. Not purely because of the incident but the reactions to it in the immediate aftermath from the aforementioned, it just struck me as a new level of unprofessionalism within a team.

I'm sorry to say that due to not wanting to be the odd one out, twas I who changed my vote from Alonso to Vettel. I thought to be honest, that Alonso had a rubbish weekend and was way below his and the cars best.

That said, you can't over look the guy who took his team mate out and denied his team the chance of a 1-2 finish. It has to be Vettel.

Guess who voted Alonso LOL Dreadful weekend, left his 6/10ths at home, and then some.

Back
Top Bottom