2010 - The greatest season ever?

McLarenSupremo said:
Its treading a very fine line, where overtaking is almost impossible, or where its incredibly easy like in Indycar and therefore the excitement is removed as half the excitement is the skill in overtaking, but at the moment we lean too much towards the former. Its interesting to see how the adjustable rear wings and KERS work next year.

WTH are you talking about ?!

Passing in Indycar is sometimes just as bad or worse. Only tracks like Texas and Indy had good passing.

F1 is just pure crap, the last good season was 2003.

DOF_power said:

If the action on track can't convince you we've had a thrilling 2010 F1 season, no amount of talk is going to convince you of it either.

Here's to pure crap :cheers: and many more seasons of 2010 type dull F1. :cheer: :1st:

DOF_power said:
Watch something else then; it's not mandatory you know. I think NASCAR is crap, so I don't watch it. But neither do I go on NASCAR fan sites to continually tell them how crap I think it is. :givemestrength:

like a few others, i personally got really sick of all the hype that this was "the greatest ever". It really, really wasnt, and the 'nail biting finish' wasnt nail biting at all.

from the first race of the season, it was apparant that RedBull were miles ahead of Ferrari who were miles ahead of MM who were light years ahead of everyone else (in F1 terms anyway). the last time someone had the car advantage that RedBull enjoyed this season was 2004 and the Red Baron.

Now, yes, i accept that the F2004 was more reliable than the RedBull, and i also accept that Rubens didnt get to challenge Herr Schumie. to be honest though, did the RedBaron put a foot wrong in 2004? i cant recall a mistake. And as for Rubens, i dont think anybody believes that Rubens was a match for Schumie, so the whole team second thing was pretty redundant anyways as he was hardly ever in front of schumie, it hardly mattered.

really, the Redbulls shouldve won this long ago. worse, those who could have stolen it (ferrari and MM) suffered from dodgy reliability (fair enough) and too many mistakes from the drivers (button excluded).

It was a reasonably entertaining season, but to be honest, i would rank 2005-2009 aswell as 2000 above it quite easily, and thats just from the last few years.

I think every season should be judged on it's own merits and to single out 2010 as the "Greatest ever" would probably be a bit silly. I'm sure all Button fans thought 2009 was the greatest ever, Schumie and Ferrari fans 2004 the same, Williams and Mansell fans 1992 and McLaren fans 1988. So it's impossible to be objective.

It was certainly a year of surprise, some very good driving, some very poor driving and a bit of unreliability thrown into the mix. The new WDC is an exciting driver (and has been since he arrived in F1) and with him, Hamilton and Alonso on the grid we could be heading back to the days of Senna, Prost, Mansell in terms of driver quality (with Button picking up the Piquet role :snigger: )

I certainly enjoyed 2010 more then 2009 simply because it was less predictable. Hopefully next season will see the McLaren, Ferrari and Mercedes cars be able to challenge the Red Bull's on pure pace and we will see some more exciting racing and a bit more action on the track. Will KERS and collapsing adjustable wings help? I don't know, probably as many races will be decided in the Stewards room or in court rooms as there will be on the track.

I also hope the FIA has finally got it's vendetta against McLaren and Lewis Hamilton out of it's system and there will be no need for more "clarifications of the rules" which only appear to affect them.

Anyway, I don't really care how exciting this season was compared to previous ones. Because you know what? I'm getting excited about next season.
Can't wait already! :)

It was certainly the most entertaining season I've witnessed but I can't really say it was the best season ever as I've only watched about 15 out of 61!

To have six different leaders throughout the year is quite something and to have four possible champions going into the final is unprecedented (I think). As tight as the Monaco circuit, it was tense to the end but I'll let others call it the greatest ever. 9/10 from me and the only thing that let it down was not having a finale worthy of the season a la 2008.

More of the same in 2011 please!

Boyle99 said:
To have six different leaders throughout the year is quite something and to have four possible champions going into the final is unprecedented (I think).

More of the same in 2011 please!

Ahem! Its a good job I don't ask (many) questions!

Yeah, never before has there been a 4-way battle, and it is quite rare that the 3-way battles has had the third placed man with a realistic chance. (In 07 he didn't have a realistic chance ... and won it!)

snowy said:
DOF_power said:

If the action on track can't convince you we've had a thrilling 2010 F1 season, no amount of talk is going to convince you of it either.

Here's to pure crap :cheers: and many more seasons of 2010 type dull F1. :cheer: :1st:

What action ?!
Only rain and/or the slippery Montreal integration tarmac made for any interesting races.

The leaders/contenders crashed into each other but didn't pass each other.

DOF_power said:
What action ?!
Only rain and/or the slippery Montreal integration tarmac made for any interesting races.

The leaders/contenders crashed into each other but didn't pass each other.

Australia
China
Silverstone
Canada
Germany (even without the team orders)
Spa
Monza
Singapore
Korea

McLarenSupremo said:
Australia
China
Silverstone
Canada
Germany (even without the team orders)
Spa
Monza
Singapore
Korea

Silverstone, Germany, Spa, Monza and Singapore good races ?!

The only thing interesting between them was the team order incident witch reflected the impossibility of passing in modern F1.

Sorry, but no passing between top cars (like in Canada) means no good dry weather race.
I don't care for first lap and/or safety car "passes", team mates crashes and/or team orders "drama" or the battles the 23rd position.

Type CART Cleveland 1993/ 1995 or Monza F1 1967/ 69/ 71 or youtube to see what a proper race should be like.

DOF_power said:
Silverstone, Germany, Spa, Monza and Singapore good races ?!

The only thing interesting between them was the team order incident witch reflected the impossibility of passing in modern F1.

Sorry, but no passing between top cars (like in Canada) means no good dry weather race.
I don't care for first lap and/or safety car "passes", team mates crashes and/or team orders "drama" or the battles the 23rd position.

Well at Monza there was action at the front, there actually was action at Singapore, Spa was a fantastic race, and there was overtaking at Silverstone so whats your point?

Well I for one thoroughly enjoyed this season, best ever, doubt it but still pretty good none the less, I'll have to find something to do on sundays until March.

Back
Top Bottom