• Jenson Button

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nico Hulkenberg

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
A few to choose from. Alonso for stuffing it into the barrier in practice meaning he had to start from the pits and then forgetting to "play to the whistle" (to use a football analogy) and letting Schumie get past him on the last corner after the safety car pulled in. Trulli for letting Alonso past without a fight and then trying to decapitate Karun Chankhok at the end of the race. Vettel for having the best car but not being able to get any where near Webber all weekend. Kubica for getting beaten into the run down to the first corner. Hulkenberg and Barrichello for losing control for no obvious reason.

You may have other ideas.

Special mention must go to the whole Mclaren team for leaving a "bung" in Button's left side pod and destroying any chance he had of getting anything from the race.

Hmm, you've raised all the points I was going to :D

I'm going to have to think about this one but I'm leaning towards Trulli purely because he just waved Alonso past.

Can I have 2 votes? LOL

I'm going for Alonso - despite the fact that his total wipeout showed that qualifying well under the new rules isn't everything, I think when you combine that with proving that you can lose a position at the most bizarre moments - Alonso gets the Hamlet moment!

Another potential contender?

Mark Webber was fined for speeding in the pit lane at 13:31.24.
http://fialive.fiacommunications.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1_media/Documents/mco-document-33.pdf

Normally this would have been a drive through penalty which would have seen his race over.

Very lucky guy to escape with a speeding fine.
Would love to see the stewards' reasoning behind this.

Edit: Unless of course the time is local time in which case it would be when he was making his way to the grid.

Speaking of Webber, did you see his parade lap after the finish with the marshalls on the track - the way he decided to go for fish tailing towards them - I, and several of the marshals began to wonder if summat had gone wrong

Just read your link Bro - so over the speed limit by more than 10%, and gets a fine - I guess his favourite eau de cologne is Rose frangranced

For me, the chump(s) of the weekend are the officials that decided to show green lights and green flags, indicating that RACING was fine for the last corner, then penalizing MS for doing what the flags and lights indicated!

siffert_fan said:
For me, the chump(s) of the weekend are the officials that decided to show green lights and green flags, indicating that RACING was fine for the last corner, then penalizing MS for doing what the flags and lights indicated!
:thumbsup:

I would agree with that.

My vote has been given to Trulli, for having as much resistance as one of his wine grapes when "under pressure" from Alonso..
..and then "driving like a wino after a heavy night" and driving into over Chandhok.

What a "chumpion's" performance.

Having seen the penalty announcement I have to change my vote to agree with Siffert_fan, the officials who gave out the penalty to Schumacher are the chumps! What was it the trio were saying before the race - Damon Hill as the racing driver representative with the officials, OK they went for the £10K fine, but right bal;l park with penalising MS at the merest hint of an opportunity

There was definately part of me that wanted to vote for Fernando putting it in the wall in Free Practice but then Jarno mounting Chandhok definately trumped that. However there is no doubt that the Stewards decision to penalize Michael Schumacher clearly wins out over either of those mistakes. The drivers didn't have the luxury of a replay button, several hours to cogitate the facts and a rule book to consult. I really expected more of Damon Hill, no driver without a chip on their shoulder would have allowed themselves to be part of that collective miscarriage of justice.

snowy said:
There was definately part of me that wanted to vote for Fernando putting it in the wall in Free Practice but then Jarno mounting Chandhok definately trumped that. However there is no doubt that the Stewards decision to penalize Michael Schumacher clearly wins out over either of those mistakes. The drivers didn't have the luxury of a replay button, several hours to cogitate the facts and a rule book to consult. I really expected more of Damon Hill, no driver without a chip on their shoulder would have allowed themselves to be part of that collective miscarriage of justice.

Collective Chumps of the Weekend goes to the Stewards of the Meeting.

Have to agree wholeheartedly with snowy.

Because of the officials at the Monaco GP not understanding the meaning of a green flag: http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/under ... /5282.html

The last time we had a race end with the safety car in such a position was the 2009 Australian GP. There was a key difference between Monaco and Australia.

In Monaco, there were clear green lights, indicating all yellow flag restrictions removed, whilst in Australia, there were clear yellow flags and safety car boards still being displayed on the start/finish straight (See 2.00 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvoxqcVQY4A&feature=fvw)

Therefore, chump of the weekend goes to the stewards, and I suspect that their decision will NOT be allowed to stand and we will not see Damon Hill stewarding again.

Tough choice but i went with Alonso purely because the driver error in FP3 was the most damaging, potentially costing him a much better result in the race despite having made it into the points.

teabagyokel said:
Trulli for attempting to decapitate Karun Chandhok and for the most pathetic defence vs Alonso ever!
That's who I went for in the end and for the same reasons.

If the FIA rulebook/stewards/marshalls had been an option then they might have just got my vote.

Brogan said:
If the FIA rulebook/stewards/marshalls had been an option then they might have just got my vote.

I'd take the Stewards out of that equation because it's their job to interpret the rule book and the marshalls because they are directed by race control.
That leaves the FIA rulebook & race control, surely race control is governed by the rule book and if that says you can't overtake if a saftey car is out on the last lap then it's race controls fault for showing greens even if it peeled off.
They will argue it's an automated system and blame the programmer for not picking up on that one when they moved the SC line off the start finish line! :givemestrength:

The vote really should go to the FIA, i wonder if they will fine themselves for looking sheepish?

slickskid said:
it's race controls fault for showing greens even if it peeled off.
They will argue it's an automated system and blame the programmer for not picking up on that one when they moved the SC line off the start finish line! :givemestrength:
It's even worse than that.

It specifically states in the rules that the SC boards will be withdrawn and green flags will be shown.

"As the safety car is approaching the pit entry the yellow flags and SC boards will be withdrawn and replaced by waved green flags with green lights at the Line. These will be displayed until the last car crosses the Line."

So the marshals and race control did exactly what they were supposed to.

How on earth the rules can have 2 conflicting conditions during the race though is beyond me; the last lap is under SC conditions so no overtaking yet there are no SC boards, no yellow flags and green flags

Good point there Bro so we're basically saying it's down to whoever wrote the rules?

And it should have clarified the last lap scenario in that statement.

David Coulthard.

".. and there's J-Lo. You don't mind us showing her do you DC?"
"Well the aerodynamicists could certainly learn something from her."

"You don't do yourself any favours in F1 by blocking a Ferrari."

Brogan said:
slickskid said:
it's race controls fault for showing greens even if it peeled off.
It's even worse than that.

It specifically states in the rules that the SC boards will be withdrawn and green flags will be shown.

"As the safety car is approaching the pit entry the yellow flags and SC boards will be withdrawn and replaced by waved green flags with green lights at the Line. These will be displayed until the last car crosses the Line."

So the marshals and race control did exactly what they were supposed to.

How on earth the rules can have 2 conflicting conditions during the race though is beyond me; the last lap is under SC conditions so no overtaking yet there are no SC boards, no yellow flags and green flags

Brogan,... I suspect you're mixing up 2 rules.

The rules you quote there are what is done when the safety car comes in when the track is clear (Which is what occurred on Sunday, albeit on the last lap).

Precedent has been set in the past with Melbourne last year, that when the race ends under the safety car, the yellow flags and SC boards will stay out.

Back
Top Bottom