Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chump free weekend

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff Member
Valued Member
Well better late than never it's time to vote for your "Chump of the weekend" Sepang edition. It's fair to say that this is going to be a tough call. Unlike Australia where there were several guys who seemed hell bent of getting this award it seemed that in Sepang most of the mistakes were coming from the teams rather than there drivers.

So who is it that caught your eye for all the wrong reasons? Perhaps it was Massa who until he passed Button seemed to be the only driver on the track who couldn't overtake? Was it Rubens who once again failed to turn his reasonable qualification performance into results by failing to get his car off the line?

It's going to be tough call this time and there are sure to be lots of split opinions on this one.

I don't think there are too many options this weekend.

Rubens for stalling on the grid.
Lewis for weaving down the straight to break the tow perhaps even though he didn't break any rules?
Seb V for overtaking under yellow flags, although he wasn't penalised despite being found guilty.
Fernando for binning it in the last 2 laps instead of just bringing it home for the points?

Maybe there should be a "none of the above" option? :D

As requested, there is now a final option of Chump Free Weekend.

I thought Hamilton was unlucky to receive a caution for his weaving. It was clear that he was trying to break the tow and that Petrov was sticking to his rear wing like glue. It would have been different if it was Petrov move, Hamilton move to cover.

The prize for Team Chumps of the Weekend goes jointly to McLaren and Ferrari for sitting on their butts watching a radar when they should have had their eyes on the track and the surrounding sky. :givemestrength:

sobriety said:
Bugger, how do I pull my vote then, thought I was looking at driver of the weekend and clicked Jaime Whatshisface!
I'll sort that for you.

You should be able to vote again now.

snowy said:
The prize for Team Chumps of the Weekend goes jointly to McLaren and Ferrari for sitting on their butts watching a radar when they should have had their eyes on the track and the surrounding sky. :givemestrength:

Same for me.

Yes, it would seem that most of the top end chumpary sits with the teams after Sepang.

Since this thread is just for drivers I've had to go for Rubens. On a weekend where so many of the top guys found themselves towards the back of the grid it was a good chance for some of the midfield teams to show what they can do.

We saw it several times last season with Rubens and we saw it again here. 1,2,3,4,5 red lights on, they're off and gooooo ahem, Rubens, Go, Come on..... Rubens.

Doh !!!

I've gone for there being no outright chumpery winner, granted some drivers made some pretty minor mistakes, but there was no real muppetry on show.

I'm tempted to vote for Rubens but his teammate didn't do that much better starting 5th on the grid but only managing 10th.
In actual fact, Rubens and Nico both dropped 5 places.

I am tempted to vote for Webber after pretty much letting Seb past and losing the race at the first corner. However, I feel this is counterbalanced by his brilliant gamble in qualifying. He did chuck it all away though.

Decisions, decisions...

2nd weekend in a row I've gone for Webber - not for the same reasons as Boyle but because the team had to tell him to "push the throttle all the way down" on the straights. Chump!

FB said:
2nd weekend in a row I've gone for Webber ... because the team had to tell him to "push the throttle all the way down" on the straights. Chump!
I forgot about that LOL

FB said:
2nd weekend in a row I've gone for Webber - not for the same reasons as Boyle but because the team had to tell him to "push the throttle all the way down" on the straights. Chump!

Oh yeah. Well that seals my vote then!! LOL

Difficult choices this week with what appears no obvious candidates initially apparent. Some good points above but i've gone for Jenson Button

Why, well he not only binned it in quali 1 preventing further participation but in the race of the leading bunch at the back (mclaren / ferrari) for which he was technically on pole, he was out raced but his team mate into and out of the first corner, then if that wasn't bad enough through the rest of the race he was passed by both ferrari's not once but twice! :o ok Alonso immediately detonated his engine the second time but he was through for a brief second or two.

After thinking about this long and hard... :thinking:

..I've voted for Rubens. You may think that calling him a chump for stalling on the grid is a bit harsh, but Rubens seems particularly prone to that 'manoeuvre', for several different teams and must surely have worked out how to start a race by now! :crazy:

This was a chump-free weekend.......for the drivers. :o :o

OTOH, Ferrari and McLaren get my vote for Chump of the Weekend. Seriously............W-T-Fwhat were y'all thinking during qualifying? :givemestrength: :givemestrength: :givemestrength: :doh:

For getting fast enough in Q1's madness and still binning it, and getting beaten by his team-mate from behind, and for a mad tyre strategy in the race. I'm going to push the muppet Button.

Back
Top Bottom