Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kamui Kobayashi

• Timo Glock

• Lucas di Grassi

• Total voters
To use the old "Days of Thunder" saying, The only car that Sutil didn't hit was the Safety Car. Everytime the camera cut to the Orange, Green and White Force India it was bouncing off someone or something. It was not suprise that his race ended in the gravel trap.

A dis-honorable mention must also go to both Lotus drivers who chucked away the (all be it very very outside) chance of pinching a point. You never know what can happen in wet races and just the fact that you can bring the car home could see you rewarded.

Yes, I was tempted to go for Sutil, who seemed to think that he would get points for everyone he hit; or over the weekend as a whole, Bruno Senna who was outqualified by Yamamoto and then had a pretty dodgy race; I held him responsible for the clash with Trulli. But he redeemed himself at least partially by finishing the race and beating his rookie teammate.

But in terms of the implications for his championship chances and for removing the innocent and very unlucky Rosberg, I have to go for Mark Webber (reverting to type maybe?). Perhaps Martin Brundle was right; Nico may have done Hamilton a favour in overtaking him, otherwise it might have been Lewis that got taken out by Webbo instead.

Can I nominate Charlie Whiting for delaying the safety car coming in when it was obvious the track was ready for racing. In terms of drivers I'm going to give it to Button

McLarenSupremo said:
Can I nominate Charlie Whiting for delaying the safety car coming in when it was obvious the track was ready for racing. In terms of drivers I'm going to give it to Button

Good call.. annoyed me a lot >:(

Button had a stinker but I think there were mitigating circumstances. Webber made a mistake but not enough to earn him the chump award, in my opnion at least. Hamilton is up there for screwing it up on two of the safety car restarts but I've gone for the one-man destruction derby that was Adrian Sutil, what was he doing? Even his Mum must have wondered.

The bloke in the MTC that was talking to Coulthard.

"And God said let there be personality. Except for that bloke in Woking with the glasses."

sutil

The unsubtle Sutil for me too, though Jenson 'I'm just off out for a drive to pick up the Sunday papers, back in a few hours' Button gets a mention. Spending the majority of the race behind cars much slower is pretty pathetic.

I think it was Brundle who once said "The common theme in all of Adrian Sutil's accidents is Adrian Sutil", and for me he's no longer the great prospect who "just needs a good car to win races", he's proving to be one of the least intelligent drivers around. He's found his level at FI, and if he ever wins a Grand Prix I'll grow a Nigel Mansell :moustache:

It was a choice between Webber throwing away his championship and Sutil with his many incidents. It has to be Sutil, Webber only made the one mistake even though it could cost him the title but Sutil was never in it. Even in qualifying his Mercedes powered car was well off the pace and his race performance would embarass a rookie in a HRT.

Lucas di Grassi, because Sutil at least entertained us. There is a horribly common theme emerging in car #25, and Virgin should look at replacing him.

Webber such a basic mistake could cost him so much, tarmas is grey and the grass is green.

Sutil okay but apparently his had dodgy brakes...

I would have gone with Sutil if Button had made any attempt whatsoever to drag himself into the points. Jenson had nothing to lose in the position he was in and he appeared perfectly satisfied to trundle around at the back of the field.

His allusion to the mystery bit that "might" have ruined his race didn't help his cause either.

Enja said:
The bloke in the MTC that was talking to Coulthard.

"And God said let there be personality. Except for that bloke in Woking with the glasses."

A little unfair IMO, the guy is an analyst who sits in front of monitors and advises on strategy, he was not hired for charism and he was probably quite tense to ensure he did nto sy anything which could give help to any of the other teams.

I can't nominate Button as he pitted at the wrong time and was having problems with the tyres, Webber was stupid but in reality 9 times out of 10 he would have not hit the wall or another car and just carried on so it was a basic error but in the realms of dumb decisions it was not the worst today.

My vote and I like the guy, is for Heikki, he stood a good chance of getting a point but to me being caught speeding in the pit lane is just unforgivably stupid regardless of the conditions.

Another close(ish) call, but I Sutil nabbed it by treating the circuit as if it had a big sparking metal grid over the top...

I'm not sure we can say Button deserves Chump of the Weekend for his inability to get heat into his tyres (although he did freely admit he had ruined them trying). Likewise, Webber was unfortunate with his racing incident on a track that was slippery enough in the dry.

In other words, I'm plumping for the one man demolition derby that was Sutil.

Webber for trowing a championship lead away whislt on his own. I dont think sutil was all that bad, most the time he just went off tack without collecting anyone.(except twice of course)*

*Fell free to correct me

Back
Top Bottom