Grand Prix 2010 Japanese Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Brogan

🦶 Leg end
Staff Member
It just highlights the inconsistent stewarding again though.

I've watched both incidents several times and if anything, Massa's is worse.

fat jez

Race Winner
Valued Member
Petrov doesn't drive for Ferrari though :(

I thought having a 4th official was meant to do away with the inconsistency? Makes you wonder how they come top a decision and how much input the former driver has?

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
A mention to an excellent 12th place for [bg=#00AA00]Lotus[/bg], which was admittedly down to unreliability higher up the field, they still needed to beat Timo Glock to do it and that was no cert on recent form.

It all but secures everyone's favourite Norfolk/Malaysia partnership the cash for 10th place in the WCC.

Enja

isn't dead.
Valued Member
I thought it was nice to see Button hassling Alonso in the final laps with much fresher tyres, you could really sense that if given a few extra laps, Button could've overtaken him.

Oh wait.

Chad Stewarthill

Champion Elect
Contributor
ATL11 said:
One got a 5 grid penalty for cutting up & crashing into a car whilst over taking him, the other for crashing into a car whilst trying to overtake....I don't see the difference?
Me neither. I suppose it's because one of the offending cars was yellow and one was red. :whistle:

F1Yorkshire

Avatar for sale to the highest bidder
Contributor
Brian_W_Lawrence said:

Surely Petrov drover into Hulkenberg, but Massa tried to pass by going onto the
grass and then lost control, so had a 'racing incident'.
Then shouldn't Massa be punished for going off the track to overtake? I'm sure the rules state all 4 wheels cannot cross the white line.

Chad Stewarthill

Champion Elect
Contributor
F1Yorkshire said:
Then shouldn't Massa be punished for going off the track to overtake? I'm sure the rules state all 4 wheels cannot cross the white line.
Quite. Massa should have been penalised for taking a shortcut, if nothing else. :givemestrength:

ATL11

Podium Finisher
The fact he took another race car out in the ay he did (grass, short cut, etc), race incident or not should mean he's penalised?

tooncheese

Hans Heyer
Contributor
Why not have 3 stewards who are the same at every race, plus one ex-driver. At least then stewarding will be consistent all year round, even if not entirely correct.

Top Bottom