Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lucas di Grassi

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
You all know the deal.

Who impressed you most throughout the race weekend to deserve the prestigious CTA Driver of the Weekend?

Has to be Kobayashi.
This guy is still in his rookie year.Fantastic drive.
Watch out for him in 2011.Sauber with Telmex money behind them could well be a major force next season.

I've gone for Kobayashi, same reasons as above. A hairs breadth at times from calamity but ended up 7th. Great for the home crowd too!

I'm going with Kobayashi as well. Sauber left his tyre stop too late but he fought back and some of his overtaking moves were brilliant. Not sure about the overtake on Heidfeld, be interesting to see if our O/T wizards count it or look at it as Nick just getting out of the way of his faster team mate...

FB said:
I'm going with Kobayashi as well. Sauber left his tyre stop too late but he fought back and some of his overtaking moves were brilliant. Not sure about the overtake on Heidfeld, be interesting to see if our O/T wizards count it or look at it as Nick just getting out of the way of his faster team mate...

Same for Button on Hamilton?

I cannot ignore the claims of everyone's home favourite, Sakon Yamamoto Kamui Kobayashi. For the obvious reasons everyone else has gone for him.

The top 5 all drove thier cars, with alonso doing a pretty good job to stay close. Schumi however has firmly silenced critics *cough* Eddie Jordan *cough* and had his best race since turkey. He could have had a better position, but he couldnt excatly try and banzai his teammate.

tooncheesef1 said:
Schumi however has firmly silenced critics *cough* Eddie Jordan *cough* and had his best race since turkey.

As a Schumi critic I don't feel firmly silenced for two reasons.

1. One swallow does not a summer make
  2. He couldn't pass Rosberg who was told not to defend too hard

I think he should be pensioned off and that performance hasn't changed my mind.

It has to be Vettel, for the same reason that I voted for Alonso last race. He never set a foot wrong and thoroughly deserved the result. I would also bet that, had it been Hamilton with that performance instead of Vettel, the overwhelming majority of people here would have voted him as Driver of the Weekend. Personal likes and dislikes DO tend to color people's decisions.

I also want to give a GIANT :thumbsup: to quick Nick. Excellent performance upon his return.

siffert_fan said:
Personal likes and dislikes DO tend to color people's decisions.
Whilst I agree with that, I do find it increasingly difficult to vote for either Red Bull driver, simply because they have had the best car on the grid by quite some margin all season.

The fact that only now are they leading both championships says a lot, in my opinion.

Bro,

I completely agree with that. It has primarily been because of Vettel's own stupid mistakes that he and RBR aren't running away with both championships! That is one of the reasons why I think his error-free performance deserves the award this race.

Easiest DotW decision I've ever made. KobayBASHi* flying through the field.

Some great overtaking by him can't wait to see Keke's vid of this one.

*As said by Brundle during the GP!

siffert_fan said:
I would also bet that, had it been Hamilton with that performance instead of Vettel, the overwhelming majority of people here would have voted him as Driver of the Weekend. Personal likes and dislikes DO tend to color people's decisions.

Yes, but to be quite honest I'd have voted Kobayashi if I was driving the Red Bull #5*! This race shows that a confident Seb, at the front of the pack and at a circuit he feels comfortable at is a force to be reckoned with. It was an excellent performance, but as I keep saying, we're going for the best performance in our opinions that weekend, so I feel previous voting patterns should not be an influence.

*Which is unlikely, and I know I'd be hopeless.

siffert_fan said:
Personal likes and dislikes DO tend to color people's decisions.

I second that.Most people vote according to their personal likes and dislikes.Not objectively.
Vettel attracts a great deal of negative posts, ie his one finger salute etc.
Hamilton arrogant and immature is a common one. Button of course is "the gentleman" and can do no wrong.
Schumacher is the cheating German he always was. ad infinitum.
These polls are not really accurate if you compare them with the facts.

sportsman said:
What polls are though?
These are as accurate or inaccurate as any other poll, no matter which site it is hosted on, as every poll is affected by personal preference & dislike.
In fact, I would even go so far as to say some of the larger site's polls are very inaccurate as they tend to get targeted by fan/hate sites.

Brogan said:
sportsman said:
What polls are though?
These are as accurate or inaccurate as any other poll, no matter which site it is hosted on, as every poll is affected by personal preference & dislike.
In fact, I would even go so far as to say some of the larger site's polls are very inaccurate as they tend to get targeted by fan/hate sites.

This is also a British based forum so we tend to support the British drivers more, if the same poll was conducted on a German or Spanish forum the results will be vastly different.

F1Yorkshire said:
Brogan said:
sportsman said:
What polls are though?

This is also a British based forum so we tend to support the British drivers more, if the same poll was conducted on a German or Spanish forum the results will be vastly different.

Thats natural enough. But that is not the point I am making.My point is that we pride ourselves on being knowledgeable and well informed F1 fans.
And then let nationality colour our judgement.I am not banging on about racism or anything like it.
I am just stating that viewed objectively many of the polls do not represent the facts.

Back
Top Bottom