• Timo Glock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lucas di Grassi

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Time to vote for the driver who you thought had the worst weekend or did the stoopidist thing to deserve the CTA chumpery award.

Its tough, i would go for Di Grassi, but im gonna hang fire until they reveal the cause, if it was driver error, i'll vote for him

Hmm, bit of a tricky one.

Can't give it to Lewis for his Friday crash, considering how well he fought back in Qualy and the race (only to suffer yet more bad luck).

So is it to be Lucas di Grassi for wrecking his car on the warm up lap? Can't be sure that it wasn't a mechanical failure, so I'll have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Petrov, for taking himself and the Hulk out before the first corner? Or was he taking avoiding action due to Heidfeld moving over, as he claims?

Massa, for taking himself and Liuzzi out at the first corner?
How unlucky was Liuzzi by the way to make up five places from the start, only to have Massa do that to him?

On balance, for his race performance and for not getting past Q2, I vote for Massa. Will he still be at Ferrari next season?

For me Button has to be the chump of the weekend. Chose the wrong tyres for qualie, held up his faster team mate in the opening laps and then didn't have any pace when he got into the lead. Shame really as my opinion of Jenson has changed drastically this season.

I'm going for Massa.

To not make Q1 in a car which is easily capable of it is bad enough.
But to then try and cut a corner on the inside, going way too fast, before coming back on to the circuit and taking out Liuzzi was unforgivable.

Mind you, I suppose he can't really be blamed as it's obvious he has lost all motivation due to his position in the team being made clear.

I voted for massa because of a poor qualy and taking out liuzzi. On the subject of the crash, watch rosberg's car it seems to twitch which could have distracted massa just before the rash.

I've generally gone for stupidity in close combat, and whilst Massa has a good case, I feel that first corner incidents happen to everyone. He came very close.

No, I've given it to Alguersuari for breathtaking bonkersness when being overtaken by Kobayashi, when he then damaged his car by planting it unnecessarily in the side of the Sauber. Stupid!

Can I vote for a team for this award.
If so I nominate Team Renault.Kubica put in a fantastic qualifying performance.Made a rocket start and gained one position.
After just three laps his wheel fell off.That should never happen to a car that has not been damaged and after just three laps.And to add insult to injury these laps were behind the SC.
Hence my nomination for Chumps of the weekend.

LOTS of candidates for this award this time out. I won't pass judgement on Di Grassi until the cause is known. Therefore, I will agree with Sportsman and go for the Renault team. That type of mistake isn't supposed to be possible in this day and age.

Plenty of potential chumps this time, as there is no team option it will have to be Massa who just didn't turn up this weekend.

OK, If it has be a driver I have voted for Button. Poor effort in qualifying.Idiotic tyre strategy.And even when he he did get the lead he failed to capitilise on it.
Thats poor for the current WDC.

Since it may be some time before the cause of Di Grassi's shunt is known, I guess I will have to give it to Petrov. There have been rumors of his being replaced for next season, and this was NOT the way to impress his employers. A close second is Massa, largely for the same reasons, added to which he has a lot more F1 experience than Petrov, plus a much better car, so he should be even less prone to such an error. Having written that, I have convinced myself to change my vote to Massa!

FB said:
For me Button has to be the chump of the weekend. Chose the wrong tyres for qualie, held up his faster team mate in the opening laps and then didn't have any pace when he got into the lead. Shame really as my opinion of Jenson has changed drastically this season.
For me it has to be Di Grassi for now until the cause is known.

As for Button, the only reason he didn't make it past Alonso at the start is because Webber got in his way. If he had got past then it would have been a different race, so I blame Webber for that rather than Button having the wrong tyres in qualifying, if Jense had only done 1 lap, then he would have started 3rd as it was worth 2 tenths with the fuel. Also, if McLaren had brought him in earlier, he may also have got the last podium place due to the speed difference between the tyres at that point.

Don't let that get in your way though FB.. ;) LOL

Well, considering the overtaking count ignores the first lap, and there were just too many incidents to pick the best... I'm going for Algethingy. The only in race incident I saw that was designed to make him, or the guy passing him (Kobaydubray) crash out. There was never going to be a winner there, so I thought I'd pick the loser.

Massa. I can no longer consider him one of the top 10 drivers on the grid.

Where he has gone, I don't know. Is it a mental thing about being told he's a No.2? If so he's a chump. You'd hope he would be made of stronger stuff than that. Is it that the car doesn't suit him? Doesn't really explain such a huge drop off in performance.

He really is slipping in my eyes, from his general race pace to his poor race craft. Shame, because he's a nice bloke and has some talent. Just not enough to ever challenge Alonso, team orders or not.

Back
Top Bottom