• Senna for blocking Webber

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brazilian kidnap gangs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
A chance to nominate anyone or anything at the Brazilian race who you thinks deserves the CTA Rotten Fish Award.

Re: Brazilian Grand Prix Rotten Fish Award

Red Bull making Webber stay out for two extra laps on a slower tyre when Alonso pitted - the only strategic reason I can see is to make sure he didn't get Vettel in the stop

GeoffP said:
Red Bull making Webber stay out for two extra laps on a slower tyre when Alonso pitted - the only strategic reason I can see is to make sure he didn't get Vettel in the stop

That, and prior to the SC he was constantly being told his tyres were overheating while closing Vettel down :thinking: then suffered engine over heating and a lack of fuel after the SC :s

F1 in general, why when we have Safety Car, do we have to see cars stay mixed in with back markers, I know it's where they were when the SC was deployed, but just throwing something out there....why cant all the cars on the lead lap go to the front of the stack?

The race itself!

This race was proof - if proof were needed - that efforts to mix up the grid kills suspenseful racing and can completely and utterly diffuse - an up until then - totally enthralling Championship. Were it not for the (commendable) efforts of Nico Hulkenberg the Championship contenders would have been running line astern and pressuring each other for the entire race. If they had strung out by the time the safety car was deployed they would again have been running nose to tail, affecting each others strategies, fuel consumption and psyches.

In days of yore the guy with no chance of winning the championship and driving an inferior car would have conceded his place to the championship contenders. Allowing them to get on with their race and allowing himself to get on with setting a representative pace unhampered by having to defend the inside line at every other corner. Nico was losing a second a lap to his real rivals whilst gaining nothing other than the satisfaction of running in front of - and detaining - the Championship leader and a desperate Championship contender. :bored:

Ferrari for not putting Massa's wheels on properly.

The powers that be for giving Barichello a puncture..

AlexM said:
I'm fairly sure that was his own fault for chopping across the front of the car he had just overtaken.

I'd forgotten about that, just remembered the puncture.

Ok, rephrase -

Barichello for giving himself a puncture.

AlexM said:
Barrichello gave himself the puncture when he tangled with Algersuari.

I'd be tempted to nominate Bruno Senna for letting Vettel through then blocking Webber for several corners, thus undoing all the Aussie's gains on his teammate over the preceding lap. But even that wasn't really bad enough to be called chumpish, so I'm joining those voting for 'None of the above'.

Hamilton missed every opportunity he had to make up positions in this race. I'm not sure if there was an issue with the brakes, as Speed's broadcast reported that Lewis was complaining of a vibration on the way to the grid, but he should have easily beaten Webber out of Turn 1. He got a much better start than Mark, on the inside line, but braked way too early and left a huge gap for Webber to put his car in.

If he could have been the first one to have a go at Hulkenberg, I'm quite sure he could have found a way by. But after giving away a position to Alonso again, and letting him have an extended fight with the Hulk, Nico was in absolutely no mood to drop another position and drove about as defensively as possible without any regard to lap time.

While Lewis isn't deserving of the Chump title, I'll give him a rotten fish.

The usually impeccable Ferrari mechanics get the silver for the screw up on Massa, whilst the Mercedes mechanics clearly win the gold for doing their very best Benny Hill impersonation on how to change a tyre, not change a tyre, change a tyre, not change a tyre on Rosberg (I think)... what compound was it again ?

I would give the rotten fish to the gang members who kidnapped the Sauber engineers and tried to kidnap Button.

I wouldn't touch them with a Rotten Fish Award. I think we're having a laugh and there are limits!

But i'm hoping ther rotten fish would be enough to poison them..

Ok, has to be Legard again, just for breathing..

Back
Top Bottom