• Timo Glock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lucas di Grassi

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
Definitely a couple of contenders this weekend.

A few excellent drives, not least of all by the two Renault drivers who held off a McLaren and a Ferrari for most of the race.

Vettel drove a flawless race, as did Hamilton and Button behind him.

Who though gets your vote for the final poll of the season?

Going for Petrov for a surprisingly good reaction to the pressure of keeping a World Champion contender behind him.

Honourable mentions to Kubica, Vettel, Button, Hamilton and Rosberg, as is becoming the norm.

I've gone for Vettel, flawless performance and an unexpected championship win. Honourable mention for Petrov though - I really didn't expect him to hold Alonso at bay for such a long time, well done!

Vettel, simply for what he achieved. Pole, win and the WDC.

vettel_finger_wideweb__470x323,0.jpg

I'm going for Hamilton for qualifying and finishing in 2nd in the 3rd fastest car.

Vettel was a contender but having the fastest car by quite some margin makes it difficult to vote for him.

Petrov, annoying because he was holding up alonso, but a stirling drive that has earnt him driver of the weekend. Outqualified Kubica too.

Brogan said:
I'm going for Hamilton for qualifying and finishing in 2nd in the 3rd fastest car.

Vettel was a contender but having the fastest car by quite some margin makes it difficult to vote for him.

Each to thier own opinion, but the mclaren looked faster than the ferrari, alonso's qualy lap was pretty special. It seems mclaren finally got thier upgrades working, a bit late though...

I'll refrain from the obvious, Petrov comprehensively out qualified his team mate and then spent the race undoing his good work and eventually finished behind him.

I think the award belongs to one of the top three finishers this weekend, all drove impeccably most of the weekend. I think possibly the team took away Button/Hamiltons chances of a one two, but the pit stop timing was clearly very difficult to optimise as plenty of drivers showed.

Vettel.

Whilst I think, Petrov had a good race, I think his 'win' over alonso had more to with Alonso not willing to take a chance and stuff one up the inside.

Think Vettel just shades it for me has said in Op post a Flawless race under huge pressure weater the thought he was leading the WDC during the race or not.

I just couldn't vote for Vettel as he obviously had a different car to Webber and didn't have a lot to do in the race. If Red Bull had been fairer to their second driver then maybe, but as it was, not much chance.

I have gone for Jenson, he had a good race, made a place, could have been ahead of Lewis after the stops if McLaren had brought him in at the right time and on the pace he was on, he would have had a good chance of catching Vettel..

RickD said:
I just couldn't vote for Vettel as he obviously had a different car to Webber

What's your evidence for this? Obviously at different times of the season, different aero parts have been used on Vettel's car (most famously at the race where MW won, despite running the older wing), but I've yet to see any evidence of this for Abu Dhabi.

Once again I find the votes for Jenson confusing.
He was behind in every practice session, qualified behind Lewis, finished behind him in the race and Lewis also got the fastest lap.

To be driver of the weekend I would expect the first criteria is to beat your team mate but apparently not.

Andrea_Moda_Rules said:
Whilst I think, Petrov had a good race, I think his 'win' over alonso had more to with Alonso not willing to take a chance and stuff one up the inside.
Which would make Alonso's performance all the worse, as he was going to lose the title anyway being stuck behind Petrov, so he surely HAD to try something risky?

So I'm going back to the Chump thread now to change my vote back again, having changed it earlier from Alonso to Schumacher.

Brogan said:
He was behind in every practice session, qualified behind Lewis, finished behind him in the race and Lewis also got the fastest lap.

To be driver of the weekend I would expect the first criteria is to beat your team mate but apparently not.

In all fairness to the people who voted jenson, he did have a good middle stint, and proberly would of got ahead of Hamilton (and kubica ircc) if he pitted earlier.

But then again the thing with these polls. its all swings and roundabouts really. Is it McLarens fault or Buttons? I remember Hamilton take quite a bit of stick earlier in the season in China when Button 'lead' the team a went for a different stratergy whilst Hamilton did what he was told and ended up 'moaning' (for want of a better term) when it turned out to be wrong.

Brogan said:

I think we know where one of those votes comes from...

I've gone for Vettel, for not only resisting his basic urge to stick it into a car next to him, but also for resisting the pressure and instead applying it throughout the weekend.

Andrea_Moda_Rules said:

Actually, I'm going to change my vote from Petrov to Kubica as Robert did everything Vitaly did, and beat him from behind on the grid with no tactical advantage!

On Sunday I was just glad that Petrov had held off Alonso, who retains my Chump vote and Petrov remains my avatar for that reason!

Back
Top Bottom