Caption Competition 2009 III

The Martin and Alan show...which is funniest?

• Teabagyokel - Look, Martin, you can't woo us with flowers, maybe if you bring some chocolates we can

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brogan - Whitmarsh: "I'm not pointing any fingers, oh OK then, I am..."

• Amdathlonuk - Whitmarsh - "Don't look now, but there's a small man with glasses standing under

• Total voters

McZiderRed

Champion Elect
Supporter
Hot on the heels of Comp II, another feast of frivolity to chew on! :snacks:

In lieu of this weeks hot date, what do you think is being said in this contretemps between Martin Whitmarsh and the FIA's Alan Donnelly?

martinwhitmarshalandonn.jpg

Answers on a postcard may not be accepted, so please disclose your thoughts on this forum for our enjoyment! :)

Picture found at itv-f1.com

I'm confused (not hard I know :D)....wasn't it up to Amdathlonuk to start the new caption comp' as he was the winner of the last one? :s

Brogan said:
I'm confused (not hard I know :D)....wasn't it up to Amdathlonuk to start the new caption comp' as he was the winner of the last one? :s

Yeah, but we don't have a great record of getting Cap Comps off the ground if we go with that; with MZR in charge we at least get a competition pretty regularly!

teabagyokel said:
Brogan said:

Yeah, but we don't have a great record of getting Cap Comps off the ground if we go with that; with MZR in charge we at least get a competition pretty regularly!

What Teabag said

Sorry AMD, if I stole your thunder and thanks Teabag for explaining my exuberance.

Anyway, here is my attempt....

Alan, there were going to be chocolates, to go with the flowers, but Dave Ryan took it upon himself to eat them all!

I'm not playing now then... :(

LOL

Whitmarsh - "Don't look now, but there's a small man with glasses standing under the table"..........

The two finalists in the F1 "Shove penny" contest took their seats and the mind games started........

Alan Donnelly attempts to get himself a job as a BBC F1 pundit as he sports a pink shirt and black trouser combo.

Ok, it was slightly discouraged, but we didn't get any captions by postcard, which is a shame, as the FIA love a good postcard - they would have got to use their brand new tombola! They had to make do with trusting a Clip_the_Apex poll instead...

..so, upstanding members of C_t_A, please vote for your favourite caption in the poll above. :thankyou:

The CTA Caption Comp Roll of Honour

Caption Comp I - Boyle99

Caption Comp II - Amdathlonuk

Caption Comp III - Brogan

Woohoo!
I'm a winner :D

I'm up to my eyes in code at the minute so don't have time to hunt for a new pic'.
If Amdathlon wants to post one he can otherwise it will fall to you again McZ.

Sorry all, got side tracked fixing the wifes car at the weekend and it completely slipped my mind.

Brogan is right McZ, off you go again and find a suitable victim and the winner of the next one can start the honour of picking the next piccie. :)

Amdathlonuk said:
Brogan is right McZ, off you go again and find a suitable victim and the winner of the next one can start the honour of picking the next piccie. :)

I shall try me best. This is right tricky, this finding photo's lark! A dearth of opportunities doth reside on the F1 pic front, I can tell yah!* The winner of Cap Comp IV is welcome to spending hours finding the booomin' thing....

(Caption comp IV will follow shortly...)

*Comment to be taken with a bucket of salt. The pleasure of the chase cannot be underestimated and the result will bring hours of fun to the folk of C_t_A, which will be the talk of the board for aeons to come! Honest..... :tumbleweed:

Back
Top Bottom