2009 Ferrari Test

sportsman

Sidecar racers have the biggest cojones
Contributor
This will put the rumour mill into overdrive.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93060 Mexican Sergio Perez will test a Ferrari Formula 1 car later this year, the Maranello squad has revealed.
Perez, making his Formula 1 debut this season with Sauber, is part of Ferrari's driving academy.
The rookie will test Ferrari's 2009 Formula 1 car at Mugello or Fiorano in September, when he will be joined by GP2 driver Jules Bianchi, also part of Ferrari's academy.
"It will be a very interesting test, because we will be putting Jules Bianchi and Sergio Perez up against one another," said FDA director Luca Baldisserri
"I think they will both be very motivated and for us it will be the perfect opportunity to assess both drivers."

This will put the rumour mill into overdrive.

Is this kind of thing normal? Can't say I can remember any instances, but don't pay that much attention.
Driving for one different team, testing for another (albeit not a performance/ update test in any way). The last sentence sounds like a real conflict of interest; like an assessment by a prospective team.
He is a young driver, but does that warrant a place on the such an academy scheme?
Are other non-current F1 drivers (Hulkenberg, Grosjean) allowed to do these, and wouldn't it be fairer?

I am confused as it says, "testing 2009 formula one car", why so back dated, anyways I don't think anything imminent will happen, Massa has got a little form going and will at very least be given 2012, from 2013 I fully expect either of Bianchi or Perez to be a Ferrari driver.

Is this kind of thing normal? Driving for one different team, testing for another (albeit not a performance/ update test in any way). He is a young driver, but does that warrant a place on the such an academy scheme?

It's been happening for decades. Williams and McLaren have done it for ages. Both Perez and Bianchi are Ferrari academy drivers...so it's natural to evaluate them under equal conditions. As per 'different team', it's done all the time. Ricciardo was lent to HRT and Vettel was lent to BMW by Red Bull.

I am confused as it says, "testing 2009 formula one car", why so back dated...

Because you're only allowed "straight line" tests in the current/2011 car...that and 'promotional/filming' days. Plus the 2009 car would have KERS like the 2011 car whereas the 2010 car didn't have KERS.

Apparently Badoer is going to go over the intricacies of the F60 with the two lads. He'll then set a benchmark time for the boys to go out and demolish. :)

Alcuni dicono che si è qualificato ultimo di una Ferrari, alcuni dicono che ha avuto piùgare di Formula Uno senza un punto. Tutto quello che sappiamo è che lui è il cattivo Stig.
Makes sense to me. They need to know if Bianchi or Perez is the man to partner Alonso. Maybe a "get out of the throttle on the straight" stage would be advisable!

Interested to see how Bianchi gets on and whether he lands himself a drive in F1 for 2012. Right now I can't see where he'd slot in unless Perez left Sauber for Ferrari.

I think its good some of the teams are doing things like this. Give the young drivers some experience of F1.

Will they run it on Pirelli tyres or some old Bridgestones they have hanging about at the back of the garage? At least Perez will know how the engine performs.

Will they run it on Pirelli tyres or some old Bridgestones they have hanging about at the back of the garage?

Pirelli's one would assume seeing as during demo runs (such as McLaren did with their MP4-23 rcently) teams have used Pirelli tyres, because I guess it doesn't make sense for Bridgestone to still own their F1 tyre machinery if they only supply for promotional events etc.

Back
Top Bottom