1:25am (UK) Friday the 25th March - BBC Red Button

ATL11

Pole Sitter
As the time closes in, what are we hoping to see when we start watching 1st Practice in the early hours of Friday morning?

Does that account for the clocks moving forward/backward? I always forget which way. I'm bound to get it wrong.

I'm looking out for ;

• Hearing the Renault onboard. Supposedly unique sounding with front-exhausts?
  • McLaren "looking a mess, locking brakes, struggling to turn in" - or lack thereof
  • Is the Sauber still a fundamentally unstable car under braking and in traction or have they ironed it out?
  • Learning more about the rear wing and it's use. Hopefully they practice using it in "race conditions" on Friday
  • Something really unpredictable, which always happens in Melbourne practice
  • How long will the tyres last?
  • Who will be the first driver to complain about his car?
  • Will it rain? It might not on Friday but I think it will on either Saturday or Sunday...

The clocks will be going forward an hour on Saturday night, as for what I'm expecting to see; hopefully McLaren will show some pace at the last minute.

You beat me to it, cheers, so as normal set the alarm for 1:25am, or just get enough beers in to entertain through until the end

Don't go to bed option... selected.

OMG! What have I done? :coffee:

I'm hoping to see some F1 cars on track. I am not holding my breath though as the teams have next to no tyres, and certainly none to spare.

If I were hoping to improve the show throughout the entire race weekend... :thinking: I wouldn't tell the tyre supplier to make tyres that degrade three times as quick and then expect the teams - working with the same number of tyres - to provide entertainment for a whole weekend. :givemestrength:

I apologise for the rant, it just upsets me that a sport that I invest so much time in, and is supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsport is run by the dumbest people on Earth. :blink:

I apologise for the rant, it just upsets me that a sport that I invest so much time in, and is supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsport is run by the dumbest people on Earth. :blink:

I'm sorry, thats just not true. The level of idiocy required to be the dumbest people on Earth cannot be attained by someone who is in any position to run anything!

I think the idea is to improve the show, mainly, for the race! Thats what most people care about, to be fair.

Will I be watching at 1:25am on Friday? :no:

They used to care about how much action there was on a Friday and Saturday. They used to get a lot of complaints, particularly from those that had paid good money to see wet Grand Prix weekends.

I'm hoping to see some F1 cars on track. I am not holding my breath though as the teams have next to no tyres, and certainly none to spare.
I'm holding a "let's wait and see" opinion on this one. I agree it is an issue, but I think eventually they will get the balance right.

If I were hoping to improve the show throughout the entire race weekend... :thinking: I wouldn't tell the tyre supplier to make tyres that degrade three times as quick and then expect the teams - working with the same number of tyres - to provide entertainment for a whole weekend. :givemestrength:

They actually have three sets LESS. Gone from 14 to 11 for the weekend. :dunno:

Tyre Quotas Thread

They used to care about how much action there was on a Friday and Saturday. They used to get a lot of complaints, particularly from those that had paid good money to see wet Grand Prix weekends.

I'm sure if it becomes too unbearable then it will be changed.

I'm with you on that one snowy.I like the idea of the tyres degrading as it will provide additional strategy options.
But not to increase the number of tyres available is incomprehensible.

Edit just seen Grizzly's post. Should read reduce.

And that was why God invented GP2.

Seriously, you're right of course. If things turn out as expected, hopefully the allocations can be increased sooner rather than later.

Talking of red button...

I was appalled by the total lack of Freeview coverage of the MotoGP on Friday and Saturday! >:(

Back
Top Bottom