Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Craig Pollock

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Niki Lauda

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
I know it wasn't all his fault, but when I watch races from the late 80's - early 90's, I can't help but laugh at the ineptitude of Cesare Fiorio and the Ferrari boys.

I do remember Cesare from the early 90's for failing to deliver and under accusation Mansell was not getting equal equipment as the Tifosi adored him

To be honest, there are names that I cannot understand why they appear in this poll. Ron Dennis, Christian Horner, Flavio Briatore, Jean Todt to name a few. I cannot condone the actions of FB in Singapore, nor do I believe that his win at all costs mentality, which drives some people to cheat and use nefarious and underhanded means should be celebrated, however, you cannot deny the success of these people. I would add that the single minded nature and personality of some of these people can be a put off, that alone does not make them a bad team leader.

I would name Nick Fry, Tom Walkinshaw, Colin Kolles are all people who have contrived to do very little with what they had at their disposal, but Nick Fry takes the prize for me.

To be honest, there are names that I cannot understand why they appear in this poll. Ron Dennis, Christian Horner, Flavio Briatore, Jean Todt to name a few. I cannot condone the actions of FB in Singapore, nor do I believe that his win at all costs mentality, which drives some people to cheat and use nefarious and underhanded means should be celebrated, however, you cannot deny the success of these people. I would add that the single minded nature and personality of some of these people can be a put off, that alone does not make them a bad team leader.

I would name Nick Fry, Tom Walkinshaw, Colin Kolles are all people who have contrived to do very little with what they had at their disposal, but Nick Fry takes the prize for me.

That is why its a poll

FLavio and Horner can consider themselves lucky they lucked into getting the right people on board

Tom Walkinshaw people seem to forget was the one who bought a share of the Benetton team and bought over Michael Schumacher and actually was running the team operations whilst Flavio does his usual sit from the pitwall

Flavio would not have plucked Schumacher from Jordan without some insight from TOm who knew him from Sportscars

He made Benetton more professionally organised and was part of the 1994 championship winning team

Unfortunately it was his own ambitions to set up his own team which was his downfall allegedly he did a few dubious business dealings as well as invest in Rugby which meant the Arrows team suffered from his busier schedule

However it was his sacking of Frentzen which proved his undoing much like Flavio sacking Piquet jnr

Yes the one that baffles me is Nick "utterly useless " Fry ... he is somehow still at MErcedes because he is the ideal yes man

You know I don;t talk cobblers why do you think Helmut really does not get on with Webber because Mark can speak to Dietrich without having to go through him on contract issues

How do you know Helmut doesn't get on with Webber - do you hang around with them socially or are you just reading the gossip papers? If you can find me a clip or quote anywhere where one or the other says they do not like the other - and by that I mean say it directly not something you interpret as such - then I shall bow to this riddiculous Helmut has been trying to get rid of Webber (but he's a bit crap at it because he's Red Bulls longest serving driver ever) theory.

Until such time as facts are involved though it is just a conspiracy theory. To be honest it like your read a ten plan instruction booklet and because you feel you understand step 1 you've concluded what step 10 is without looking at the rest of the instructions.

How do you know Helmut doesn't get on with Webber - do you hang around with them socially or are you just reading the gossip papers? If you can find me a clip or quote anywhere where one or the other says they do not like the other - and by that I mean say it directly not something you interpret as such - then I shall bow to this riddiculous Helmut has been trying to get rid of Webber (but he's a bit crap at it because he's Red Bulls longest serving driver ever) theory.

Until such time as facts are involved though it is just a conspiracy theory. To be honest it like your read a ten plan instruction booklet and because you feel you understand step 1 you've concluded what step 10 is without looking at the rest of the instructions.

Does Helmut ever praise Webber for a start ?

Why did he feel he needed to blame Webber after the Turkey incident when it should have been dealt with internally? All he did was further fan the flames that a senior member of Red Bull decided to throw their weight around as well behind one of his development drivers no less

The funny thing despite a rubbish season at Red Bull by Webber it seems like the only way to force him out is to make sure the odds are truly stacked in favour of Vettel because otherwise they would have signed Hamilton which Horner finally admitted not an option as it would be too much too handle for Christian or Helmut would stick one of his drivers in the other car.

But Helmut can;t make such a decision until Webber decides whether he wants to drive for Red Bull or not. Helmut is always happy to say his young drivers are there to replace Webber when quizzed just to add that bit of pressure and a reminder to Mark all the time

Does Helmut ever praise Webber for a start ?

Why did he feel he needed to blame Webber after the Turkey incident when it should have been dealt with internally? All he did was further fan the flames that a senior member of Red Bull decided to throw their weight around as well behind one of his development drivers no less

The funny thing despite a rubbish season at Red Bull by Webber it seems like the only way to force him out is to make sure the odds are truly stacked in favour of Vettel because otherwise they would have signed Hamilton which Horner finally admitted not an option as it would be too much too handle for Christian or Helmut would stick one of his drivers in the other car.

But Helmut can;t make such a decision until Webber decides whether he wants to drive for Red Bull or not. Helmut is always happy to say his young drivers are there to replace Webber when quizzed just to add that bit of pressure and a reminder to Mark all the time

I should add Webber did say he may consider carrying on after 2012 and he's happy for 12 month's rolling contract to assess each season as it goes ...here is Helmut hoping and waiting

The only person Mark would be happy to give up his seat to is Ricciardo being a fellow Aussie and somewhat of a protege

so thats a no to having any actual evidence of this then. Cool. Well thank you for sharing your opinion I'm afraid I think its nonsense and don't share it.

Craig Pollock was the worst team principle I can remember - astonishingly naive and inept: whoever thought that being a skiing instructor to a youthful JV would qualify you to run an F1 team? :crazy:
The woeful inadequacy of his much-vaunted Tobacco project from 1999-2003 really beggared belief - it was a miracle that he managed to do EJ out of the Honda "works" deal frankly - Jordan looked far more likely to be consistent front-runners at the time, and had Honda put their weight behind the Yellow cars instead of diluting their efforts with BAR, then who knows if Jordan would still be on the grid?

so thats a no to having any actual evidence of this then. Cool. Well thank you for sharing your opinion I'm afraid I think its nonsense and don't share it.

I am not going to brain wash you but that's how I see Helmut's position at Red Bull - He was quick to say Hamilton would be a great addition to the team but unlike Horner did not say we are happy with our current line up - only other person who openly admits about wanting other drivers than his current incumbents is Luca Di Montezemolo

Craig Pollock was the worst team principle I can remember - astonishingly naive and inept: whoever thought that being a skiing instructor to a youthful JV would qualify you to run an F1 team? :crazy:
The woeful inadequacy of his much-vaunted Tobacco project from 1999-2003 really beggared belief - it was a miracle that he managed to do EJ out of the Honda "works" deal frankly - Jordan looked far more likely to be consistent front-runners at the time, and had Honda put their weight behind the Yellow cars instead of diluting their efforts with BAR, then who knows if Jordan would still be on the grid?

When you consider he had JV as a world champion it was easy to pull the rug from HOnda and BAT. Especially when he convinced BAT that he will run the team in two liveries and the whole marketing of the team was based on that idea BUT no one checked the rule book and realised a team of two cars must in the same livery and it was serious expensive PR disaster

Then the HOnda deal when agreed Pollock said they were the factory team but Honda admitted both teams had the same engines except BAR had assistance in designing the chassis

It was only when HOnda realised they needed to get rid of one team because they were stuck in midfield and Toyota came on board into F1 so a bit of rivalry incentive.

BAT also realised that the team was not progressing as much so they hired Dave Richards and Prodrive who 555 sponsored the Subaru team to sort things out and get rid of Pollock.

Having had their best season - HOnda decided to takeover and get rid of Dave Richards just as he turned the team into front runners - which proved to be a big mistake

Back
Top Bottom