Poll Staying up late ? Getting up early ? Watch it at a sensible hour ?

To watch it live or not watch it live that is the question.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll be Gran Turisming until the early hours, crashing on the sofa then getting up to watch qual live (but recording also, just in case!). If anyone fancies some PS3 early hours racing give me a shout. Race and build up live of course.

Being in the states, I love the Aussie schedule.

The season starts a day earlier for us as FP1 is at 9:30 on Thursday night.

And I actually enjoy 2 AM wakeup calls for F1 racing.
Part of the magic isn't it! Season opener, alarm clock (not that I actually wait for it to wake me up, the body clock is pretty good at that).

I'm already on Australia time unfortunately due to a few days of insomnia, so I won't be changing for friday morning. I like getting up to watch every session. My life suits it though at the moment, being an avoid insomniac, girlfriend-less, being and living with students. I understand most will not venture at that sort of time.

I voted watch the whole lot live but what I meant was watch quali and race live grrrrrrrr

I will probs watch the first and last practice live though, as last practice only finishes an hour before the start of the race.

Having looked it up it would seem that as a new customer it would cost me from £30.25 to get Sky Sports F1HD. This seems to equate to £363 per year (with no other sport). Alternatively I could go for the Sky Sports F1™ for £40 a month, also know as £480 a year. For how many races, is it 10? It doesn't take a genius to work out how much per race that is.

Or I could spend about half what Sky are charging to install a satellite dish to watch it on RAI (Italy) or RTL (Germany) for free, listening to Five Live or whatever.

As a further thought I could spend that money at Silverstone and watch the extended highlights for the rest of the year.

Having looked it up it would seem that as a new customer it would cost me from £30.25 to get Sky Sports F1HD. This seems to equate to £363 per year (with no other sport). Alternatively I could go for the Sky Sports F1™ for £40 a month, also know as £480 a year. For how many races, is it 10? It doesn't take a genius to work out how much per race that is.

Or I could spend about half what Sky are charging to install a satellite dish to watch it on RAI (Italy) or RTL (Germany) for free, listening to Five Live or whatever.

As a further thought I could spend that money at Silverstone and watch the extended highlights for the rest of the year.
Wrong thread me thinks not that you don't provide a valid point though.

Sensible time for me I'm afraid.
I'm far too old for pulling all nighters or getting up at ridiculous o'clock in the morning.

I get precious little sleep as it is with my daughter, averaging around 6 very interrupted hours a night.

So don't expect the site to be updated until long after the race is over :D

I'll be avoiding this place like the plague until I see the "highlights".
As will everyone else without $ky I expect!
Actually that's just made me think - won't the whole Sky thing affect traffic to the site? It'll be pretty quiet here from the UK dwellers.

Actually that's just made me think - won't the whole Sky thing affect traffic to the site? It'll be pretty quiet here from the UK dwellers.
Yes, it has already been mentioned elsewhere and I was aware of the implications as soon as it became clear what the BBC would be doing.

Nothing I can do about it so there is no point worrying.

Yes, it has already been mentioned elsewhere and I was aware of the implications as soon as it became clear what the BBC would be doing.

I was just thinking what an unfortunate side effect it is for all CTA forum and chat users is all. I imagine most regular posters are UK based and a smaller percentage have Sky than those who don't.
I didn't see or remember it being mentioned elsewhere. Apologies if it's been discussed already.

Qualy & Race live for me - I love the early-start races, as they give a real sense of occasion to the start of a new season.

Must admit I've been enjoying the season reviews on Sky - I hadn't seen the 1988-1990 ones before (got '91-present on VHS/DVD).

Unfortunatley i can't do the whole waking up 2 days on the bounce at silly o'clocks. I can do it at 7 in the morning, but 5:30-6AM no way. So what i'll be doing is sky+ the Qualifying session and will set the alarm and get up early and watch the race on Sunday.

Yeah. I would say it'd be a good idea to setup a BBC only thread that people could bookmark, and then spoilers to be banned, but I know if I was a BBC viewer I wouldn't even bother risking it because there will be 1 or 2 :censored: who think it is funny to ruin it all.

Yeah. I would say it'd be a good idea to setup a BBC only thread that people could bookmark, and then spoilers to be banned, but I know if I was a BBC viewer I wouldn't even bother risking it because there will be 1 or 2 :censored: who think it is funny to ruin it all.

I think they should make that a bannable offence!

I think they should make that a bannable offence!

Anyone doing it though would be unlikely to be a long term member. I'm sure if people want to do this, someone would setup one, but as I say, I wouldn't go near the forum as a highlights viewer on race day.

I don't see any benefit in having a separate discussion thread.
It will just lead to double posting and fragmented discussion.

Most people will just avoid the forum until they've seen the race/result.

True, i always avoid f1 forums if i didn't watched the race yet. And then out of habbid the first thing you do when you hit the net is click the autosport.com link.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom