Sprint Racing

yeah im against the new points system. i still think 10 is too far down & points still should be an achievement. someone i know who told me about this said, how as we all know FIA charge a entry fee based every point scored & that's why they want it

i think the 4th iteration of the sprint race. might have the most potential. because it didn't feel like watching the 1st stint of sundays race. & as i said on chinese gp thread. sprint section was the best part of the weekend. the weekend started going downhill at about 4.20am uk time

When we had a 26 car grid (with a whole gaggle of cars that didn't even get to race) the top 6 got points.

22 car grid and 12 get points.

It has nothing to do with racing or sport and we all know it.

That's the very point (pardon the pun) isn't it? Even if you only awarded points to the top 6 cars the finishing order would still determine the championship at the end of the season for the remainder of the cars behind.

cider_and_toast - I was thinking about this, but the "points" and "countback" create somewhat perverse outcomes.

Suppose you have the (current) points system.

One driver finishes 20th in every race, apart from one (where there is a high attrition rate - e.g. because a midfield car has failed to brake at the first corner, and takes out 10 cars), where he finishes 10th.

Compare that with another driver who finishes 11th in every race across the season.

Which driver deserves to finish ahead in the championship? The first driver would finish ahead, but the second driver was clearly the faster over the course of the season.

The Artist..... that is a good point. as much as i disagree with points it was ridiculous in 2019 that russell beat kubica something like 19-1 in races & 20-0 in qualifying, yet finished behind in the championship because of the 2019 german gp

Back
Top Bottom