Rugby RBS Six Nations 2013

Another win for Scotland today :yesss:I have no idea how we managed it. Such a messy game. The Scots did seem to improve dramatically as soon as Ruaridh Jackson went off. He was a waste of space today, every time he got the ball he instantly kicked it back to the Irish. >:(IMO he is not an International quality player. Fingers crossed he doesn't start against Wales. Still this is the best we have done in years.

screenshot.22.jpg

If we assume that England will beat Italy, its all going to come down to that game against Wales in Cardiff. Oh blimey, I don't know if I can watch !!!

:o

Is simple really, England need to keep their heads against Italy and get a reasonable win (not go for the runaway win they might get tempted into which would open up the defense too much). The Scotland will hold Wales to a few points difference (if not get a win there which is always possible). This leaves us with Wales needing to beat England by 25+ points in the final match to take the championship as a worst case scenario for England. Best case scenario will be that the whole thing will be down to a combination of the England Wales match and Scotland on their last match (if Scotland beat Wales) but the Scottish win is going to need to add a good 30+ points to their score difference before England will get worried there.

So after the Italy match we should be in with a chance of seeing a final order without too much guessing going on, and I am keeping my fingers crossed it will be England at the top at that point ;)

I am not going back much more than 20 years ago when as a young winger we were tought the chip and run technique, which included catching up to the ball and controlling it with your feet as you continued running hence dribbling it down the pitch until it was sensible and safe to pick it up or even fall on it over the line.

A skill that seems to be lost these days as all they want to do is get hand to ball and give away a knock on due to not controlling it properly first. :(

"Do you tremble? Do you shake in your boots? Well you should, for today, of all the days of mighty battles, you will witness glory."

Back
Top Bottom