Poll Out of ten - 2013 German Grand Prix

2013 German Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
SO many disappointments in this race for me. The Mercedes tyres. Webber not getting a chance to have a go at Vettel. The Ferraris not really able to fight. Nico and Grosjean holding up their team mates at inopportune times. excitement from strategy choices rather than outright racing. The end was slightly exiting for a couple of minutes. Not a complete bore fest but not a great race. 6 I think.

Don't want to disrupt the scoring but when was Grosjean holding up Kimi? If not for the safety car he'd have been ten seconds down the road from him, was right up behind Vettel until the stops and then did a nice bit of synchronised swimming to let KR through later on when he had the soft tyres.

Now if Kimi hadn't held up Grosjean for half of his first stint Grosjean may have had a chance at beating Vettel on the 'overcut'

Well I felt at the end, when they were on different tyres, if Grosjean had let Kimi through a bit earlier, he might have caught Vettel. He was hauling him in once he was past his team mate.

8. Would have been a 9 if Kimi had finished it off.

Lot of crazy stuff in this one, including something I've never seen before with a pilotless car rolling backwards across the circuit.

It had potential but never really delivered. The Red Bulls were straight past, Vettel had no challenege from Webber due to the team's blunder (not that they would have allowed them to race anyway). I thought Grosjean might take his maiden win at one point but being stuck in the turbulent air behind Vettel didn't help his tires and we were denied another fight at the end by the Lotus pit wall. The fight between Hamilton and Alonso was probably the best bit, some classy racing between the pair of them.

But didn't it only last for a really short time? Anyway I still can't remember it... and I'm not trying to be funny I just can't, I was probably in the kitchen making a sandwich....

7 ... watching Kimi eke out tenths a lap when he needed more was for me quite predictable ... some good action 5th and below ... a definitive statement by Renault on Mercedes home turf ... and who hasn't forgotten the handbrake every now and again ...

I really, really loved this race. I thought it was great. DRS just about in the right amounts to keep overtaking possible but not inevitable. Wonderful racing between Hamilton and Alonso, and in particular Hamilton's expertise around Turn 2 was a joy to behold. Differing strategies. Lotus' pursuit. And Sebastian Vettel showing his ability to beat faster cars.

Really entertaining for me, so 9.

What TBY said.

Nice to see different strategies, did see some good fights and good overtakes, along with a fight for the lead.

Gave it an 8 though.

I'd just like to clarify that playing no part in my calculation came the twin insanities of Paul Allen being hit by that tyre, nor Jules Bianchi's Marussia rolling down the hill on its lonesome.

I thought we'd witnessed a death live* on Sky Sports F1 HD when Allen was hit, and Bianchi's car fortunately was timed just right, or we may have seen a rather abrupt and violent end to Vettel's era of dominance.

Fortunately we can now joke about it. An attempt has been made to remedy the tyre situation, but I'd like to see Marussia/the marshalls investigated for that one.

*OK, recorded, some of us have to work, y'know!

The one thing I've learnt from collecting all these scores so far is that CTA can't agree about anything! Yet another race where we have every score from 1/10 to 10/10 given.

Back
Top Bottom