New design

If you like schumi you like ferrari... same for man united! And i like the error message for when it tells you to wait a certain time before you can post again! That is one of the best error messages I've ever seen!

Ferrari fan, obviously ;)

Agree with the red being reserved for errors, and of course the alerts (which I considered changing to orange :D)

I tend to go with yellow for notices. grreen for success messages, red for errors and blue for help and tips.

There are exceptions of course. The use of green on quotes is a good example of this as it is tied to the branding rather than the choice of colour being part of the visual language.

Like the paler green comments BTW.

Hmmm, I actually think the current green looks very washed out now.

Looks like I'm never going to be happy with these quotes, no matter what :D

Back to the drawing board...

Can you increase the colour density at the top of the graduated section in the name bar? This would emphasise the quote a bit but not distract from the thread with the main text of the quote?

A dark yellow or tan border on the yellow notification boxes rather than the grey would be more consistent with the darker green bordering on the comments IMO.

Notification boxes? Which bit do you mean?

We don't have dark yellow or tan in the palette, so that would be introducing a new colour into the mix.
The initial plan was to use green and yellow but I couldn't get it to work without it looking garish.

Edit: Oh you mean the notices at the top of the page? Yeah, I haven't finished working on those yet - they're currently using the inline moderator colour...

grafisia-web-notification-box

Edit: Hmm. Try this instead. http://grafisia.com/freebie/psd/web-notification-boxes/

Illustrates the visual vocabulary I was refering to earlier.

The member card has been tweaked for the final time to make the background more prominent and distinguish between the various content.

Old:
member-card-png.3413

New:
new.png

And that's the new design finished!

I hope you like it and it's not too light for those who prefer a dark style and not too dark for those who prefer a light style.

Nice work. On your last post, I'd probably avoid using the green text on the user's status. green text is reserved for links everywhere on the site so you've broken your own design pattern.

Otherwise, looking good.

Well OK. Shades of green are the most indistinguishable colours to the human eye so they look the same to me. The hex codes are very distinguishable, though. ;)

BTW, if anyone uses any browsers other than Chrome, Firefox and IE9 and notices any problems, please let me know.

I don't have access to any Apple browsers and don't use a mobile browser of any kind so I am completely unaware of how the site renders in those.

I know you've just spent loads of time working on this but any chance of some purple to compliment the orange? LOL

Back
Top Bottom