1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto GP 2017

Discussion in 'General Motorsport' started by Incubus, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Incubus

Incubus Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Well the 2017 season is upon us and it's first blood to Vinales at the end of rain-disrupted Qatar GP weekend. Confirming his testing and practice form the new Yamaha recruitee intelligently bid his time to overcome the Dovester's obdurate resistance in the closing stages.

With the Doctor overcoming his earlier struggles to grab the final podium spot we are braced for a season that promises much in the way of ferocious competition if the opening race is anything to go by, although Lorenzo must now be in no doubt as to the size of the challenge that lay ahead in adapting to his new mount.

Brilliant season in prospect methinks.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. marksawatsky

marksawatsky Points Scorer Contributor

I agree, this will be a great season and I wish Formula 1 would take a look at how to properly run a race. Remember how many different winners MotoGP had last season?

4. Dizzi

Dizzi Podium Finisher

I agree, the Motogp season is promising great things.
    The 'new kid on the block' doesn't look like a flash in the pan, Maverick seems the real deal although I did feel for Zarco when he crashed out.
    I guess the first surprise of the year was quali being rained off in one of the driest bits of the world.
    I watched the bikes after the F1 and it was chalk and cheese - no whinging riders moaning they couldn't pass, some great overtakes and some genuine 'how the hell did he get through that gap' moments.
    Roll on the rest of the season and bring on Marquez vs Rossi vs Vinales and Lorenzo taming the Ducati.
    If only Cal could keep his bike on the track more this year....ah, wishes....

gethinceri and Bill Boddy like this.
  5. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Rossi is reported as having broken his leg in two place. Following an operation he said that he was feeling fine.

Since he is a motorcycle rider expect him to be back by the end of this month.

6. cousinDave

cousinDave Rookie

Fixed that for you.

Bill Boddy likes this.
  7. Incubus

Incubus Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Unfortunately there are 3 races coming up over the next month or so so I'm afraid even a quick recovery will surely put an end to whatever slim hope he had of remaining in the title hunt.

8. Bill Boddy

So Rossi is going to race two weeks after breaking his leg; sounds like a normal biker then.

9. sobriety

sobriety Podium Finisher

Not just race, but stuck it on the front row of the grid.

Bill Boddy likes this.
  10. Bill Boddy

Last night I watched the highlights of the Australian race. If there were racing like that in F1 every race would get an nine or above.

11. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

The V8 Supercar series is also amazing. I don't know why the Germans can't create a touring car series like that. Due to the aero overtaking is nearly just as, if not more, difficult than in F1.

12. Bill Boddy

I wonder how long it will be before one of the riders says that his crash was caused by reading a text message.:D

Share This