Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104429

Martin Whitmarsh wins the 'No Shit Sherlock' award 2012.

McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh believes that Lewis Hamilton would be fighting for the Formula 1 world championship in Brazil this weekend if the team had got the most out of its car this year.
"We have to get better, we have to get stronger, and we have to make fewer mistakes," explained Whitmarsh.

"We had a lot potential this year and we haven't really got what we should have got from the potential we had in the team."

I've just watched the BBC post USA race.
LH interview withJH,EJ & DC.
He is shown bits of the race, including the attempted pass on Mark Webber...
Lewis says" This is quite a poor shot to be honest, I was quite disappointed with my attempt there.
He braked later than me, I was being a little bit cautious & then locked up, wasn't a great one.
But the next time I got it.....spot on...spot on."
He also said "I've been saying how great it would be to have a wheel to wheel with Sebastion."
He also acknowledged that he had some luck with the backmarkers & said that he deserved some good luck for a change..

Did anyone catch exactly what was said between Lewis and Seb before they went out on the podium? Sounded like Seb had a little dig and Lewis responded with something along the lines of "We all deserve a bit of luck sometimes". All sounded a bit needley.

He also said "I've been saying how great it would be to have a wheel to wheel with Sebastion."
He also acknowledged that he had some luck with the backmarkers & said that he deserved some good luck for a change..

F1ang-o....Hamilton finally got his wheel to wheel with Vettel, with neither of them having any issues to hinder their pace, and then finally coming out on top for the win, just had to be a tremendously good feeling for Lewis.

I don't think too many hate or even dislike Lewis, some just don't react well to hero worship. Yes this is an honest interview but there have been other interviews with a driver I won't name that have also been honest though for some reason when this driver I won't name gives an honest interview, people consider he's being dishonest and interpret what he says as meaning something entirely different. Maybe those who dislike him don't bother reading his interviews in their entirety. They should before they form an opinion. :(

But this is the Lewis thread, not the un-named driver thread. I agree with you people should try to get all the facts before making up their mind about someone, and that's hard in this business. But to form a view of a driver because you don't like the way fans express their appreciation of him seems very shallow.

As shallow as disliking a driver and making rather vicious accusations about them because they are the closest rival to your chosen one some might say..

Besides Alonso is almost has some sociopathic characteristics when he interviews which is the complete opposite to Hamilton who can't pull off indifferent and is often rather emotional in his interviews. Hamilton sounds like a media trained scripted robot when being politically correct or towing the party line. Alonso writes his own script.

It's not the same, sociopath is someone with antisocial attitudes and a lack of conscience. Different to a psychopath, very different. And I said 'almost' 'when he interviews' which is a far cry from saying 'he is a sociopath'.

Do I think his demeanour at times displays antisocial attitudes and a lack of conscience? Absolutely!

Hamilton had a go at this and crumbled at lie gate. Alonso happily maintains and without a hint of emotion that he was oblivious or his team didn't commit any disreputable acts.

Hmmm okay makes you wonder why there are two different words and considered different in the world of criminology. I've edited it to make it more explicit I wasn't calling him that but won't be using that term again. I appreciate the legal implications for the site.

. For me, it endears him to me more and I find it difficult to understand why there is so much hate( for want of a better word) surrounding him.

Regarding the hatred directed at Lewis........I don't find it hard to understand racecub, because it's something that people like to keep under the table, his race with some is an important ingredient for that hatred. Let's not forget his treatment at Spain in 2007, during his rookie year.

Back
Top Bottom